Just Ordered My First E-Bike..(and new bike in 50 years!)

miata13

Region
USA
After way too many hours of Internet e-bike info searching and discussions with bike-owning friends, I ordered an e-bike yesterday; namely the Tern Vektron Q9. Being a person of "modest" height (5' 6") and not so modest weight, wanted a quality folding e-bike that could be easily transported without the need or expense of a separate car-mounted bike rack. Once you decide on a folding e-bike, and outside of unknown brands, I quickly focussed on the Tern models. The latest models (Q9 and S-10) both feature Bosch motors/controls/batteries which was important to me. While 48lbs is not light for a "medicare recipient" aged person, it is feasible to load into our vehicle...besides a test ride in a similar older Vektron, the test fold and fit into our car was part of my test ride experience. For someone who hasn't actively ridden a bike since my Schwinn Varsity 10 speed days, the smaller 20" size wheels took a bit of getting used to but imagine once I receive my bike and accumulate a few miles, it'll become 2nd nature once again. I appreciated the EBR review of this Q9 model and the wonderful, personable customer service from my near-local Tern dealer; albeit a 1 hr drive from my home. Hope to learn much from you all on this site. Thanks in advance!

A big welcome to you miata13, happy to have you aboard. You are among some very good , friendly and helpful members. In no time you’ll be riding like you were a kid again and much more distance than you’ve ever gone before. You made the right move connecting with your LBS. Good luck and ride safe.

A big welcome to you miata13, happy to have you aboard. You are among some very good , friendly and helpful members. In no time you’ll be riding like you were a kid again and much more distance than you’ve ever gone before. You made the right move connecting with your LBS. Good luck and ride safe.
Thank you BigAl1463...am just now beginning to think of the various bike-related items ( for me and the bike!) that I can start to acquire...beginning with a good helmet, gloves and attire for me and bottle/carrier, rack/panniers, bike tool etc. for the bike. I'll explore this forum for ideas on these items. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Back