Just Found This Thread!

scottonabike

Hello! I somehow did not know about this forum after being on EBR for quite some time. I'm a long time cycle tourist and have recently gotten into electric bikepacking. Thanks to a partnerships with Riese & Müller (I work for Fly Rides), I've been able to explore the possibility of off-road bikepacking with an eBike. I'm excited to keep you all posted on my travels. Here's a video I made of our last company bikepacking trip in Big Bear if you're interested in checking it out!

Thanks! I love making them. Let me know if you've got any ideas that you think would be helpful!
As a new person to the world of ebikes i would like to see a video on a ride precheck, what sort of kit if any needed for a ride, general cleaning tips...basic stuff that may seem obvious to some but noobs such as myself not so much.
Oh and welcome to the forum, your R&M Superdelite video presentation was a big factor in my purchase decision!

As a new person to the world of ebikes i would like to see a video on a ride precheck, what sort of kit if any needed for a ride, general cleaning tips...basic stuff that may seem obvious to some but noobs such as myself not so much.
Oh and welcome to the forum, your R&M Superdelite video presentation was a big factor in my purchase decision!

Awesome idea! I'll connect with Hector on this and see what we can do. For safety, we do have a short video of what to check pre-ride that I'll link to below. But I like the idea of a full beginning of ride to end of ride video for those totally new. Glad to hear you went with a Superdelite!

Thanks! I love making them. Let me know if you've got any ideas that you think would be helpful!

Two trips that I think would be kick-ass:
You'd probably have to make some route modifications as some sections might not be open to e-bikes.

Two bonus suggestions:
I can keep going...

basket-6.png

Last edited:
Awesome idea! I'll connect with Hector on this and see what we can do. For safety, we do have a short video of what to check pre-ride that I'll link to below. But I like the idea of a full beginning of ride to end of ride video for those totally new. Glad to hear you went with a Superdelite!

A safety check should include the handlebar stem, and quick check of the spokes. While not directly a safety check, I recommend you check that you have your bike tools with you if you carry any, you may have taken them out, or worse someone else may have borrowed them.

Two trips that I think would be kick-ass:
You'd probably have to make some route modifications as some sections might not be open to e-bikes.

Two bonus suggestions:
I can keep going...

View attachment 44475

Man those all look incredible! I have not made it up to cycle the PNW yet, but I've got to make it a priority this year.

Great info. Stumbling over an article on bikepacking is what led me to eBikes. It's been 20 years since we moved out of San Diego (OB) but fondly remember camping and mtb'ing out past Julian. Looks like my wife and I will be back out again with the help of our fattie tire'd eBikes. My biggest task at present is to get her to try "hammock camping" over tent. Hopefully once weather becomes more condusive we can try an overnighter. Keep posting, very inspirational.

What you want is on you tube. I've seen it. Just search.

Back