Hello From Lexington, MA Riese and Müller Homage HS and Superdelite Mountain both with Rohloff E14 Rider

Walter van Dusen

Region
USA
City
Lexington
I just wanted to say hello from Lexington, MA. My first bike was the Riese and Müller Homage HS with Rohloff E14 / Gates Belt that I ride as a car replacement. I've been exploring where I live which has many historical locations that I'm excited to see while riding my Homage. Recently, I got the Superdelite Mountain with Rohloff E14 / Gates Belt I'm now learning how to ride off-road trails with rocks and tree roots plus starting to go downhill paths with burrs. Since riding both bikes are for very different uses I have been since day one recording my rides for my YouTube channel. I never really worked on my bikes before but with the Superdelite Mountain I'vechangedout the handlebar to have a 80mm ride for better height for me and my bad lower back, installed REVGRIPS Pro because my hands from off-roading were starting to hurt and really nice platform pedals for better grip during the off-road trail riding.

My YouTube Ride videos channel https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundsandSightsVideos

The images are of the Superdelite Mountain with the upgrades so far. I'm accenting the FOX Shocks blue caps with the add on components being blue or blue accents.

Attachments

• Web.YouTube_WaterTower_Panorama.jpg
    Web.YouTube_WaterTower_Panorama.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo Sep 15, 17 55 22.jpg
    Photo Sep 15, 17 55 22.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Photo Sep 15, 17 54 27.jpg
    Photo Sep 15, 17 54 27.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • GoProHero11BackImage.jpg
    GoProHero11BackImage.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 158
  • Photo Sep 15, 17 57 34.jpg
    Photo Sep 15, 17 57 34.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo Sep 15, 17 53 54.jpg
    Photo Sep 15, 17 53 54.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Photo Sep 15, 17 53 38.jpg
    Photo Sep 15, 17 53 38.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Photo Sep 15, 17 53 46.jpg
    Photo Sep 15, 17 53 46.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 154
  • RMSuperDelite_16x9.jpg
    RMSuperDelite_16x9.jpg
    888.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Photo Aug 27, 10 23 58.jpg
    Photo Aug 27, 10 23 58.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 152
Welcome to the site.
Your bikes are certainly designed to fill different needs.
Thank you. I was getting more adventurous on my Homage and reached the limit of what I could do off road. The Superdelite Mountain carries over perfectly for my off roading.

Welcome. If you want some suggestions for rides in SW NH, let me know. I live at the base of Mt. Monadnock and ride locally most every day. We have great rides on local roads, which have very light traffic as long as you stay off the numbered roads. Lots of elevation changes to give you and your battery a workout, and good local delis and restaurants for lunch stops.

Welcome. If you want some suggestions for rides in SW NH, let me know. I live at the base of Mt. Monadnock and ride locally most every day. We have great rides on local roads, which have very light traffic as long as you stay off the numbered roads. Lots of elevation changes to give you and your battery a workout, and good local delis and restaurants for lunch stops.
Thank you VERY much. How far is this from Seacoast Ebikes where I purchased my R&M's? (as a reference point for me since Seacoast Ebikes is about an hour from Lexington, MA)

What's up from Waltham. I hit up Beaver Brook every once in a while, I take the Western Greenway trail from the Waltham high school - some tight singletrack with rocky climbs are a challenge in spots. Whipple hill in Lex has some nice climbs too. One of my favorite local trails starts on Hayden Ave behind the driving range and can almost make it to 128.

I do most of my trail riding in Lincoln, Weston, Wayland, creeping into Sudbury and Concord though. Lots of bike trails out there, Lincoln likes to limit bikes to certain trails which kind of sucks but still some off-road mileage to be had. Bedford has some trails too that I need to explore more.

The first pic is from the Western Greenway trail, second shows the loop around Beaver Brook that is mostly non-road then a pic from Prospect Hill - which has a nice trail on the west side.
PXL_20220414_184311875.jpg
Screenshot_20220530-135302.png
PXL_20220420_205010559.jpg

Last edited:
What's up from Waltham. I hit up Beaver Brook every once in a while, I take the Western Greenway trail from the Waltham high school - some tight singletrack with rocky climbs are a challenge in spots. Whipple hill in Lex has some nice climbs too. One of my favorite local trails starts on Hayden Ave behind the driving range and can almost make it to 128.

I do most of my trail riding in Lincoln, Weston, Wayland, creeping into Sudbury and Concord though. Lots of bike trails out there, Lincoln likes to limit bikes to certain trails which kind of sucks but still some off-road mileage to be had. Bedford has some trails too that I need to explore more.

The first pic is from the Western Greenway trail, second shows the loop around Beaver Brook that is mostly non-road then a pic from Prospect Hill - which has a nice trail on the west side.View attachment 135934View attachment 135935View attachment 135936
Thank you very much. Please let me know if you are in my area. I live in Lexington right next to the trails. Minutes away from the scary old mental hospital where there are two trail entrances. I’m new to this but getting better with each ride.

The first picture I showed is from right behind where you live. I'm about 1 mile from you. I rode mtb in the 90s then got an entry level ebike in the spring 2021 that wasn't trail worthy and saw all the trails I was riding past. Been riding Watt Wagons Hydra since this April. Usually have time to ride Fri pm, Sat am, and Sun pm hours. I can show you what I've discovered. Shoot me a message when you want to go for a ride.

Thank you VERY much. How far is this from Seacoast Ebikes where I purchased my R&M's? (as a reference point for me since Seacoast Ebikes is about an hour from Lexington, MA)
Seacoast ebikes is NE from you. We're NW, ABOUT 60 miles via route 2 west and other roads. Takes about 90 minutes +-. Fall colors are starting to pop, so it's a good time to come out and explore. If you subscribe to ride with gps, I can show you some routes.

Back