Just for fun...

It's the Type-R Euro Scooter.
The thing is Dead. The guy tried to defraud an airline.
1675729666932.jpeg

In follow up on that crappy scooter. The guy yanked the USB wire shorting it. Even after my report the airline is buying him a new one. I wonder how they will document the destruction of the old one. A video of it going off a cliff with the battery inside? The hyped spec on one model is 33 Mph. That's 53 Kph!

If you want to have an uninterrupted face-to-face conversation with a teen with a cell phone, call them.

Bikes, Science, and International Trade all use the metric system. I gave my friend's kid a park tool extendable measuring tape for his fourth birthday. It was his favorite toy. He went around measuring everything. All my tools are metric as are most of my displays. Why are we teaching kid's in the US an obsolete and confusing measuring system. One liter of water weighs one Kg. Easy. One gram of water is one cubic Cm. Easy.

Bikes, [..] all use the metric system.
Oh well, not necessarily. What is the 31.8 mm, which is one of the standard handlebar/stem measurements? It is 1 1/4". Similarly, the A-HEAD stem system is based on inches. Or, the chain link length is 1/2". Again, the tyre size such as 27.5x2.6"? It is good that at least ETRTO has standardized the tyre sizes and everyone should know it is not 28 or 29" wheel size but just 622 mm rim diameter... Of course, it is easy for us Europeans to use metric sizes.

Photography is the domain where metric units rule, although it was not like that in the U.S., at least historically.

Ya, and adopting the Imperial system for sure :D

No, no, let's not take this too far!!

Only dissing your unfortunate short date format. Don't get me started on Imperial units. Usually use miles, feet, inches, and pounds around here out of habit and industry convention. Hard to break free when daily life keeps pounding them into your head.

But I'm a STEM guy to my bones. If it were up to me, it'd be SI all the way.

Back