June Pre-Orders

Srtowens

Just wanted to let you all know that my husband and I ordered our bikes on May 16 for the June Pre-order, and today we got the shipping notice. Bikes should be here by next Tuesday. I ordered the CCS red Medium Step-Thru with 12.8Ah battery, and my hubby is getting the CCS red Medium with same battery. Both of our commutes are only 5 miles each way, so we're hoping the stock battery suffices. I wanted to thank all you guys on the forum for your posts, photos, videos, and great information, which has helped us endure the wait! We are beyond excited! We will post photos once we get them!

Looking forward to seeing your review once you've ridden some.

Also, that gives me hope that Juiced is well on the way to resolving the distribution delay. Roughly one month from order to delivery - very good news!

Looking forward to seeing your review once you've ridden some.

Also, that gives me hope that Juiced is well on the way to resolving the distribution delay. Roughly one month from order to delivery - very good news!
I'm guessing the 12.8 ah batteries have much shorter wait times. They're not sold out.

@kev312 Kev, what was your RCS config and battery? XL? 19.2?

My medium RCS brush aluminum with 19.2 took 80 days from Credit card charge to it being at my door.

I hope your wait will be shorter. I suspect the only thing in shorter supply than batteries are XL frames.

@kev312 Kev, what was your RCS config and battery? XL? 19.2?

My medium RCS brush aluminum with 19.2 took 80 days from Credit card charge to it being at my door.

I hope your wait will be shorter. I suspect the only thing in shorter supply than batteries are XL frames.

Thanks! I ordered a black RCS, 19.2ah w/GPS option, M frame.

@Diarmuid

A CCS XXL shows up for you to sign up for in-stock notification. If people who want the XXL don't sign up for the notifications, why would Juiced produce them?

You're making the assumption that I haven't already done that. I don't know if the XXLs were a limited run and no longer available or its coming soon which is why I asked.

Well, we got our bikes yesterday, 32 days after we ordered them! Can I just say that it was worth the wait? A bunch of people on the forum have said that they can't stop smiling after riding the bike. It's sooo true! We were supposed to get them today, but when we learned that they had arrived at the shipping location yesterday, we played hooky from work and went down and picked them up. The boxes were nearly perfect and damage-free. Setup was a breeze, other than having a hard time on one bike with the back fender rubbing. We took them out on a few rides totaling 8 miles and tried all kinds of hills. Super impressed with the bike's ability to flatten those hills! My husband got up to 40mph going down one giant hill, but me ... I'm a scaredy cat and had to brake a little ... super scary ... never ridden a bike going that fast before! I'm sure I'll get used to it :) It was super easy to go 20 mph up the hills!

I'm almost wishing I would have gotten the Medium frame instead of the Step-Thru, because I only have about 1/2 inch more clearance on the Step-Thru because of where the seat hits in relation to the angle of the bar. I'm 5'4. Can't upgrade the battery on the Step-Thru. But that's ok. Everything else is perfect, and we are both super impressed with the CCS! Looking forward to customizing them. We already ordered the Ergon grips and Mirrycles and a Cloud 9 seat for me. Still trying to decide on panniers or those Wald baskets. Do any of you have a bike computer to keep track of odometer miles? Which ones are good?

Thanks for all your help and fun info! Love the videos and photos. I'll post some this weekend. Taking the bikes on a camping trip!

Personally, I think the lack of an odometer was a big oversight. Fortunately you can use nearly any simple bike computer. I have yet to own one that doesn't have an odometer. You can spend ~$15 or $300.

Glad to hear your bike arrived so quickly. They had some trouble with a previous order -- taking a long time to deliver -- this is a lot more reasonable.

Either panniers or Wald baskets will do you fine. I like the ability to fold the Wald baskets when not being used, so they are always available but not in the way. My wife liked them so much that we replaced her panniers with baskets this weekend.

I don't use a bike computer as such. There is an Android app called BikeComputer that does what I want it to.

Glad to hear your bike arrived so quickly. They had some trouble with a previous order -- taking a long time to deliver -- this is a lot more reasonable.

Either panniers or Wald baskets will do you fine. I like the ability to fold the Wald baskets when not being used, so they are always available but not in the way. My wife liked them so much that we replaced her panniers with baskets this weekend.

I don't use a bike computer as such. There is an Android app called BikeComputer that does what I want it to.

Thanks, Bruce! I've seen photos of the baskets on your bike, and they look good. We'll probably order some soon. I'll have to look and see if there are bike apps for iOS.

Back