Juiced Support - No more chat?

It's all about shipping. Air freight is ridiculously high and the boats are slow. Anyone interested in a decent profit will be compelled to ship by boat. Largest orders may only be available by boat.

Tora has said multiple times the batteries are shipped by air.

Out of curiosity, I googled freight costs and found this:

Air shipping costs a lot more relatively, but in absolute terms, it's not that costly for high $ per lb items. I recall reading one iphone analyst saying shipping iphones by air was actually cheaper, when you consider the carrying cost of money.

"Cost – Simply put, air freight comes with a hefty price tag. Comparing air and ocean freight, a medium size 2000 lbs box from Shenzhen, China to New York, USA, can cost $1,200 by ocean but a whopping $4,000 by air.
"

2k lbs = ~150-180 19ah batteries = ~$25 per battery shipping cost, on a $900 battery, or 2.5-3%, or ~1% of total bike purchase. Not nothing, but not huge. New York is also farther, so this is probably on the high side.

https://www.freightos.com/portfolio-items/air-freight-rates-cost-prices/

Last edited:
Some of these posts seem disingenuous. Shills. Seemingly good vendor being trashed. Please talk about features and components. Anythin* else seems useless drivel, sadly from some otherwise interesting posters.
I$ like to learn about the bik3 without innuendo.
I apologize for the hard to read and even cryptic posts. The keyboard setup on my iPad, and my weird hours make for lots of uncorrected posts. Frustrating that Apple combined keys and the slightest downward motion substitutes a number or symbol for a letter....First World Problem!
Tora has said multiple times the batteries are shipped by air.
Frankly I don't have any skin in the game and care less how many times Tora has repeated something. I have a few years experience in shipping receiving and ordering batteries and kits. Actually many kits and batteries. Shipping by air can also, and often does, have delays. Batteries are every resellers biggest or nearly biggest management and timing issue. That said, there seem to be to many one bike wonders with none of the experience, but lots of finger-pointing and arm chair management. YAWN....

I apologize for the hard to read and even cryptic posts. The keyboard setup on my iPad, and my weird hours make for lots of uncorrected posts. Frustrating that Apple combined keys and the slightest downward motion substitutes a number or symbol for a letter....First World Problem!
Frankly I don't have any skin in the game and care less how many times Tora has repeated something. I have a few years experience in shipping receiving and ordering batteries and kits. Actually many kits and batteries. Shipping by air can also, and often does, have delays. Batteries are every resellers biggest or nearly biggest management and timing issue. That said, there seem to be to many one bike wonders with none of the experience, but lots of finger-pointing and arm chair management. YAWN....

Apology accepted. I just thought you were so much more intelligent than me that I could not understand them. You probably should have just went with that!

That said, man I'm having fun. Reading everyone's posts while waiting for my bike helps pass the time. It blows me away that the owner of the whole company even chimes in now and then. In my book, it's hard to complain too much about lack of communication when you have the owner reading and sometimes responding to your posts. Possibly, the communication is just not what we really want to hear. Personally, I just want to hear my bike shipped or someone ahead of me just cancelled.

[Loudly protests he doesn't care about a product, while repeatedly frequenting an internet forum devoted to it...]

Lol

Maybe some companies are able to handle it better than others.
Then someone is just better funded. Unless you control manufacturing and are divorced from the China market, there will be issues. Even builders of the best packs in China run by a well funded expat suffers the foibles of battery sales.

Retired Horticulturalist, may you never to be only retied, as you formerly were in your signature line for the longest time, again.

I see nursery plants tied to train them to grow in certain directions. The inadvertant allusion is too obvious to let go.

ALL of us fail to see our most glaring errors, for the longest time, because the errors are right under our feet, noses or posts or plants, so to speak;

God knows (if there be one) I, for one universal example, am as self-blind as anyone else on this planet to my own mistakes.

I am truly a self-tied and retied, human horticulturist. I grow self confusion three seasons out of four.

And who is any better a farmer here?

Their support is pretty much non existent now. I've been waiting over a week for them to respond to the zendesk ticket which is the only way of reaching them. :(

I wish I had read this before purchasing two bikes from them!

Their support is pretty much non existent now. I've been waiting over a week for them to respond to the zendesk ticket which is the only way of reaching them. :(

Can users here help you with your issue? A pretty good brain trust willing to help, here.

an easy way to get at them is their social media. They post regularly on Instagram. Its about the only reason I have social media.

They responded today and are sending me a new derailleur hanger/torque sensor. Maybe they monitor this thread...lol
From what I've read they aren't super quick but they do generally get with it within 7-10 days. Not ideal, but I think it's consistent with other low/mid-priced, internet ebike companies. If you look at Trusted Reviews, Rad Power gets the same ratings and the same kinds of complaints that Juiced gets. As they say -- there's no free lunch.

Back