Juiced no longer supporting the ODK U500?

Commuter

Although I love this bike, I'm starting to worry a bit.

1. Most useful replacement parts, which break over time, are hard/impossible to find.
2. I've been trying to get standard charger for over a year, with no luck. They keep telling me to "Try back in 2 weeks" and that they get them in stock regularly. I think that this is clearly a lie, as I've literally checked every month for the past year.
- Can anyone recommend a compatible, inexpensive charger, where I could hook up an XLR cable?
3. The ODK is no longer listed in new form, only refurbs.

I understand that they're focused on other bikes now, but this, in my opinion, is still the most useful bike they've made. I've been able to virtually replace my car with it. Are the going to stop manufacturing or providing replacement parts?

Any info would be great.

Last edited:
@Commuter, replacement parts for older ebikes are generally available for a few years from the manufacturer. However, most parts are fairly universal these days, especially chargers. You can go to Amazon.com or Ebay and search for a Lithium battery charger with an XLR end and your specific voltage and find several good options for a reasonable price. Just make sure it has UL rating for safety. If you are still having difficulties on the charger or other parts, feel free to PM me for a little more help.

@Commuter, replacement parts for older ebikes are generally available for a few years from the manufacturer. However, most parts are fairly universal these days, especially chargers. You can go to Amazon.com or Ebay and search for a Lithium battery charger with an XLR end and your specific voltage and find several good options for a reasonable price. Just make sure it has UL rating for safety. If you are still having difficulties on the charger or other parts, feel free to PM me for a little more help.
Ann M. I've done this a few times and I only see one model, listed twice, with what appears to be a 3-pin XLR. The ODK takes a 4-pin. Do you see a 4-pin available? I can swap them out if needed, but was trying to avoid the hassle.

We have some 2A chargers for the U500 in stock now. Contact [email protected] and we can get you one. If you have a chance send the other ticket numbers so we can review why the request was missed.

The stock 3A from HP is difficult for us to get and these days better and more reliable chargers have come out also with the UL certification.

We are somewhat cagy about the chargers because sometimes people steal the bike and then go online like the next day to buy the charger.

Anyway we use the 4 pin XLR so people do not mix the 36V and 48V chargers. There is nothing special about the charger, only the adaptor head is different.

Could really use some advice here. I am in Ireland and own an Juiced Riders ODK U500 V 3. I understand that Juiced Riders (USA) have discontinued the product and that the Canadian (and Australian?) franchises continue to support and supply - Can anyone confirm these facts and provide any information on the likelihood of the long term continuation of the U500. I purchased mine in 2015 and due to the fact I live in Europe - I have little direct access to support.

Tora - Also, I currently need to acquire a battery charger 48v 3a but it seems only the 2a is available. What if in the future, I needed a controller, engine, cable or wheel - Would I be forced to replace the bike with something else. Cost me a fortune to acquire and get it to Ireland. Due to my weight (320 Pounds) - it has been a revelation for me. Any technical advice out there would b e greatly appreciated.

@churkoka

You did not mention what steps you have taken.
Have you created a list of what things you want to get and opened a ticket with a request for help acquiring what you need?

Based on this:
http://www.ebikes.ca/juiced-odk-u500-standard-range.html
http://www.ebikes.ca/juiced-odk-u500-super-long-range.html

Grin Tech is still selling the bikes.

In both cases I would assume they would want you to provide the bike ID so they can make sure it has not been reported stolen before they provide you with either a battery or a charger.

Note: Don't provide that ID here

@churkoka

You did not mention what steps you have taken.
Have you created a list of what things you want to get and opened a ticket with a request for help acquiring what you need?

Based on this:
http://www.ebikes.ca/juiced-odk-u500-standard-range.html
http://www.ebikes.ca/juiced-odk-u500-super-long-range.html

Grin Tech is still selling the bikes.

In both cases I would assume they would want you to provide the bike ID so they can make sure it has not been reported stolen before they provide you with either a battery or a charger.

Note: Don't provide that ID here
Currently, I require no items but of course parts will need to be replaced from time to time. What I am asking is that next time an essential part needs replacement and all suppliers have discontinued the product - will I be forced to replace the bike? Here in the EU - the original supplier is obligated to provide support for a certain number of years after purchase. This applies to all products within all categories.

We can get replacement parts for every part of the bike aside for the rear 3 speed IGH hub, which is discontinued from the supplier SRAM. There are other alternatives as well for this part.

We can get replacement parts for every part of the bike aside for the rear 3 speed IGH hub, which is discontinued from the supplier SRAM. There are other alternatives as well for this part.

The Juiced Rider has built a cult following here at the Fremont Factory. We are saddened to see the worlds most unique and utilitarian ebike leave production.

Break:

Tora,
Can I get from you:

-rear passenger seats
-foot pegs
-bolt-on baskets
-the old style controller with more low end punch?

If no, perhaps we could reach out to your old supplier for a direct or group order?

V/r

Attachments

• Juiced.jpg
    Juiced.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,129
I'm trying to get a new wiring harness because the motor extension cable is busted. However, I'm not hearing back from support. I certainly hope those are still available, it would be a shame to have to trash a 2-year old $4,000+ bike (including accessories) because of a broken cable.

I'm also noticing the brake pads are often sold out. We use about 12 pads a year, so we've resorted to buying them in bulk whenever they're in stock. I haven't found another place to buy them.

Tires are hard to find too. I've used a 20" Marathon tire once, but it's thinner and doesn't seem to last as long as the Kenda tires (which are currently also sold out). Also buying in bulk.

Our internally geared hub broke, so we have our local bike shop replace it with a Shimano 3-speed ($400 incl. labor), so I hope that works out.

I don't blame Juiced for focusing on higher volume bicycles (it's a business after all), but I am a little sad to see support for the ODK wither. We love the bikes (we have 2) but - with a second kiddo - we'll have to switch to a Spicy Curry soon (or something similar).

@Tora Harris for the remaining U500 batteries you have in stock, how are they stored? Are they kept on the charger? Are they newish? Will those no longer be stocked or sold once they sell out?

@Jep I do the same (purchase consumable parts in bulk), as I replace things at about the same rate. Please update when you have the gear geared hub replaced, along with the model number and pictures of the install if you can.

Last edited:
I bought a much needed wire harness for my odk. It was 35 dollars and was listed on the juiced bikes parts page. There is no need to contact support!

Last edited:
I just now found the controller, front hub wheel, front fork and the handle bars for sale (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Also I just got a 32ah battery from juiced California for 1450$ WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:
I bought a much needed wire harness for my odk. It was 35 dollars and was listed on the juiced bikes parts page. There is no need to contact support!

It appears that the wiring harness in the online store is only the 1>4 cable for throttle, display and brake sensors. It doesn't seem to include the controller-motor extension cable :-(

Hey guys, we have some but not all U500 parts. Controllers, 4-1 cables, motor extension cables, complete front and rear brake sets, rims, spokes and rear lights. Ask if you don’t see it on our site. www. juicedriders.ca. If you are not ordering from Canada the shipping calculator can be way wrong, so contact us for a shipping rate.

Note that because the U500 has a very simple design, it can be hacked and kept going with other than OEM parts if they are no longer available. There’s no reason it can’t be kept on the road pretty well until the frame wears out!

Back