Juiced Bikes CrossCurrent S Aftermarket Rack Help

Lenny7118

Hello, I’m not happy with the rack that came on the CCS , it’s to small and no rear support tube on the rear of the rack so I am looking at other racks that will fit the CCS. I need your help because there’s only one mounting hole in the CCS and it’s high up on the frame. I would like some fee back on racks that will fit the CCS.
I was looking at the following IBERA rack, they have a disc brake model and non disc brake model, my question is would one of them fit and which on the non disc brake or for disc brakes. If anyone knows of other racks that will fit please let me know and post a link. I have asked Juiced Bikes about racks but they aren’t of help with this issue. Thanks

Here are the IBERA racks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AA8GFSI/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002T5H8MW/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Attachments

• 89B318E2-7628-4D03-B726-4B7754DFAF90.png
    89B318E2-7628-4D03-B726-4B7754DFAF90.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 859
  • C880440E-7061-40EB-A71E-2E841F5B0EFD.png
    C880440E-7061-40EB-A71E-2E841F5B0EFD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 811
  • E6BAC025-248C-496B-9107-05F568AC0038.png
    E6BAC025-248C-496B-9107-05F568AC0038.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 770
  • ABBFA817-B121-4DF2-B220-55B97FFC8C90.png
    ABBFA817-B121-4DF2-B220-55B97FFC8C90.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 835
Order both and pay return shipping on the one you don't need. It looks like either one will work for your bike, but I have no experience with these things at all.

Order both and pay return shipping on the one you don't need. It looks like either one will work for your bike, but I have no experience with these things at all.

Thanks for replying,

Can more members add their thoughts, insight and more information on an Aftermarket rack that fits the CCS , especially the IBERA rack.

Thanks

It looks like one of them is for disc brake frames. That’s the one I’d try. I couldn’t use my old non-disc MTX rack on my Cross Current.

It looks like one of them is for disc brake frames. That’s the one I’d try. I couldn’t use my old non-disc MTX rack on my Cross Current.

Hi, Thanks for replying. Did you try that rack you mentioned on a CrossCurrent S ? On the CrossCurrent S there’s only one mounting hole and it’s high up on the bike frame. I like the IBERA rack because it has height adjustments. My other concern is the size of the IBERA rack mounting bolts which are supposedly 4mm I was told by someone and if they are 4mm than they would fit the CrossCurrent S.

I didn’t just have the experience of the MTX rack on my original Cross Current. I think the width is the issue on disc brakes so the rack clears the disc. You should be able to measure the width between the two rack mounts to determine which one will work better. Bolts can always be purchased at a hardware store if you get the wrong size.

On the CrossCurrent S there’s only one mounting hole and it’s high up on the bike frame. I like the IBERA rack because it has height adjustments.

The IBERA rack shows it is adjustable down to 14". How tall is the rack on the CCS? If the IBERA rack is taller, that is a slight disadvantage because any weight you place on it is higher as well.

My other concern is the size of the IBERA rack mounting bolts which are supposedly 4mm I was told by someone and if they are 4mm than they would fit the CrossCurrent S.

99% of bikes have eyelets threaded to accept M5 bolts, the same size as used for water bottle cages.

The IBERA rack shows it is adjustable down to 14". How tall is the rack on the CCS? If the IBERA rack is taller, that is a slight disadvantage because any weight you place on it is higher as well.

99% of bikes have eyelets threaded to accept M5 bolts, the same size as used for water bottle cages.

The rack that’s on the CCS now that came with the bike the bolts are 4mm. I was told from someone on amazon that the bolts are 4MM on the IBERA rack if that’s the case the IBERA rack should fit.

I'd take the bike into my local LBS and ask them to make a recommendation for one that would fit. Assuming your LBS knows what they're talking about.

In case anyone else finds this thread looking for aftermarket rack help for Juiced Crosscurrent bikes - I tried the Topeak Explorer MTX Disc Brake bike racks (recommended by Wirecutter) and while they fit, they sat a bit high - quite a lot higher than the wheels. I'm going to look for a different solution and perhaps go with the Juiced option. I'd be curious to hear if anyone found a better solution than the Juiced one.

I use the Banjo Bros Grocery pannier bag with the topeak explorer, it hooks on the rack at the top and has a metal ring attached with an elastic cord on the bottom to keep it secure.

Hello, I’m not happy with the rack that came on the CCS , it’s to small and no rear support tube on the rear of the rack so I am looking at other racks that will fit the CCS. I need your help because there’s only one mounting hole in the CCS and it’s high up on the frame. I would like some fee back on racks that will fit the CCS.
I was looking at the following IBERA rack, they have a disc brake model and non disc brake model, my question is would one of them fit and which on the non disc brake or for disc brakes. If anyone knows of other racks that will fit please let me know and post a link. I have asked Juiced Bikes about racks but they aren’t of help with this issue. Thanks

Here are the IBERA racks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AA8GFSI/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002T5H8MW/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

How much do you want for the Juiced Rack ?

Back