Juggernaut Ultra FS for road use?

jeffcrilly

I’m seriously thinking of ordering a Juggernaut Ultra FS asap, but have a few questions.

- I’m leaning towards the 27.5 x 3 wheels (and then wren fork); I ould like to put smooth tires on for road use.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Will these fit? Or should I go with 26x4” rims, and install 3inch tires? - I think tire choices might be better for the 26 inch wheels.

- can the controller/motor be detuned/programmed for max 750watt ouptut?

- is there a max-speed cutout option/setting? (20mph on throttle & 28mph on PAS.)

- is the size of the frame reasonable for a 5’ 9” rider?
( I don’t see a choice on frame sizes on the order form.)

- is there much weight savings if going with a 17 Ah battery instead of the 20Ah battery?

Thx!
-jeff

Ps Ive got really bad roads on my 12mile commute. At 20mph a non suspension bike is jarring. I think thie FS would be great, plus the option of weekend woods riding.
And part of the commute could really use a throttle - I recently rode a Bafang max driven bike on the commute and lack of throttle was annoying.

I have the Juggernaut Ultra with the 20Ah battery. I recently installed 3.5 " Vtire speedsters and love the handling and ride. I'm pretty sure the tires and wheels you mentioned will fit fine but check with Roshan. I don't use the throttle at all, so I have no opinion on that. I think powerful Fatbikes are a good way to go for urban riding because of the inherent cushion of the fat tires. Not sure on the size question but run it by Roshan. He's always very helpful. Good luck !

I’m seriously thinking of ordering a Juggernaut Ultra FS asap, but have a few questions.

- I’m leaning towards the 27.5 x 3 wheels (and then wren fork); I ould like to put smooth tires on for road use.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Will these fit? Or should I go with 26x4” rims, and install 3inch tires? - I think tire choices might be better for the 26 inch wheels.

- can the controller/motor be detuned/programmed for max 750watt ouptut?

- is there a max-speed cutout option/setting? (20mph on throttle & 28mph on PAS.)

( I don’t see a choice on frame sizes on the order form.)

- is there much weight savings if going with a 17 Ah battery instead of the 20Ah battery?

Thx!
-jeff

Ps Ive got really bad roads on my 12mile commute. At 20mph a non suspension bike is jarring. I think thie FS would be great, plus the option of weekend woods riding.
And part of the commute could really use a throttle - I recently rode a Bafang max driven bike on the commute and lack of throttle was annoying.
Hi Jeff,

That would be a neat setup. However, I personally prefer the 26" setup with 3-3.5" road tires. We recently got some whitewalls and they are awesome!

- can the controller/motor be detuned/programmed for max 750watt ouptut?: Yes

- is there a max-speed cutout option/setting? (20mph on throttle & 28mph on PAS.): This is user programmable right on the display. Its set to 28mph default.

( I don’t see a choice on frame sizes on the order form.): I'm the same height. It'll work great.

- is there much weight savings if going with a 17 Ah battery instead of the 20Ah battery?: 3lbs

I have a set of Vee 26.5 Speedsters to put on my Juggs HD when the weather breaks. I haven't used them yet.

I do use the throttle in situations where I need to balance and maintain my momentum in certain situations during my single track riding. If I'm on a commute or road I'll use the throttle for acceleration from a stop if needed. So I like having the throttle.

I enjoy the fact that I can take my Juggs any where.

I have a set of Vee 26.5 Speedsters to put on my Juggs HD when the weather breaks. I haven't used them yet.

I do use the throttle in situations where I need to balance and maintain my momentum in certain situations during my single track riding. If I'm on a commute or road I'll use the throttle for acceleration from a stop if needed. So I like having the throttle.

I enjoy the fact that I can take my Juggs any where.

I think you'll love the Speedsters.

Put them on the other day. They are nice for sure. I even did my normal mtb single track and they did fine. Went 25 miles city/rail trail yesterday and they provide a much nicer ride.

How many lbs of pressure ? I'm running around 20 on the street.

Back