Juggernaut Classic vs HD

While true that the BBS02B is more sensitive to gearing, The BBSHD is a clown pedaler for many. 3 2014 versions, 250, 350, and 750W. Nothing fried. Some fellas and gals want an assist, not a moped. BBSHD motors have had more rotor failures than BBS02 have had fried controllers

Hey we need a review when you get your ebike please !
Apologies for taking a while, but I received my bike at the end of July and have had a few weeks with it now - and am ready to post some of my thoughts, hopefully they'll be helpful for someone.

One note: I ordered the Juggernaut Classic, as I mentioned above, with everything stock except one thing - I upgraded the rear derailleur to Shimano Deore 10-speed from the stock Tiagra (or maybe Altus, I'm not sure what it was to be honest).

Delivery:
I live close to Saskatoon (neighbouring province) - so I was fortunate my box showed up pretty quickly and in very good condition. The bike was packaged very well. Definitely the heaviest bike I've ever owned by a loooong shot - my God, these ebikes are heavy!

Assembly:
Of course I assembled the first day I got it! Assembly was pretty straightforward - took me an hour but I was being super slow and careful (probably could have done it in 10-15 minutes). Only note I would make is that their online instructions for assembly were not that great or clear - they have a video on YouTube that was way more helpful to me (although weirdly not linked to from the support page, but was pretty easy to find upon Googling- you just have to know it's there!).

Initial Impression:
So even though it was almost midnight by the time I finished assembly, I just had to take the bike out for a very small spin - the battery was charged enough to do so. First impression: Wow! Fair amount of assist right off the bat (it's in 1-5 range) but still felt pretty good, very stable. Only rolled around for a couple of minutes, but felt really good.
Took the bike out for a bit longer ride around my house and neighbourhood the next day in actual daylight, and after charging the battery. First thing was I bedded the brakes - which went totally fine. Was able to try out full speed on full assist (level 5) and other levels, testing things out, as well as trying the throttle. Initially was confused as I thought the throttle wasn't limited - but turns out it's capped at certain speeds for each pedal assist level, I just thought the opposite. Holy moly, that was fun! And wow, the power was amazing! Reinforced that "wow" feeling from the small ride the night before a hundred fold. I was smiling pretty much the entire time.

Impressions after a month:
After that first ride, I have been riding the bike almost every day. Have about 150-200 km on it so far. It's been amazing, and a bit life changing. I had bought this with the intent of turning it into my primary transportation to work, and basically replacing a car (we had already gone down to a single vehicle last year, and I was taking transit, but with COVID- I'm just not comfortable with transit in the near to medium future). I can happily say that I've ridden to work every day and have basically looked forward to the rides each day as well. I get to work a bit faster, I'm not sweaty at all (or barely), the bike climbs hills ridiculously well, and I have a few longer flat spots on road and multi use trail that I can just use the throttle and relax, and it's glorious!

Of course, not everything has been sunshine and rainbows, so I have a small pros and cons list.
Pros:
- Feels exceptionally well built and sturdy. Particularly after my first spill on unexpected gravel/sand on asphalt - lower speed crash, and bike is scratched up a bit, but no major issues that I've noticed.
- Great battery range for my needs. Battery comes easily in and out of it's integrated spot on the bike.
- Deore upgrade well worth the money, I think - it's nice to have 10 speeds, and generally shifts well (although a bit more on that later).
- Makes hill climbing so easy. I know this would be the case for most ebikes - but the Classic does so super well, it's probably my favourite thing about the bike.
- Throttle! So Much Fun!! (Although if I didn't have it, I'd probably be fine - but it is fun to have :) )
- Good customer support. Fairly timely responses and quite helpful for what I've needed, in keeping with the majority of feedback I see and hear.

Cons:
- Assembly instructions online could be better - I actually don't think they're that accurate. Or at least - the video is more accurate to what I had - and the video strangely isn't linked to from the website.
- Gear shifting issues - I have noticed some odd shifting issues lately. Some of the gears shift more quickly or "clunk"-ily, and not as smoothly as the beginning. In addition - the gear sensor doesn't seem to cut out as long for certain gears at certain PAS levels (i.e. I get almost instant power almost before the chain is moved to the correct gear). Something I'm keeping an eye on with Biktrix. Seems a bit early to be happening given I really haven't ridden it THAT much.
- Weight - holy Jesus, this thing is heavy. Very stable overall - but if it goes down, you're going down too. I'm really going to have to think hard about what to do for winter tires, and whether I get a set with studs.
- Rear light - battery operated. I wish it was integrated into the bike's battery, although that's a minor complaint for me.

Overall impression/Summary:
I'm super impressed and very happy overall with my purchase. It's been a lot of fun and is a joy every time I'm riding. Some things I'll be keeping an eye on, but I'm quite excited to continue my commuting adventures and see how it does when seasons change! Highly recommend Biktrix if anyone's considering an ebike. Assuming you can find them in stock! :)
Thanks for reading, and thanks again to all who have given me input in this thread and others.

Nah they are both great motors. For 1200W peak the Classic is a beast! HD isn't "much better" it's just a bit more amperage (and weight!).
that depends on how aggressive you ride! i sometimes push an HD to its limit, i would cook an 02, i ride to fast and im heavy, on average my bike is loaded with 265lbs of me and gear moving at 25mph and above.

Apologies for taking a while, but I received my bike at the end of July and have had a few weeks with it now - and am ready to post some of my thoughts, hopefully they'll be helpful for someone.

One note: I ordered the Juggernaut Classic, as I mentioned above, with everything stock except one thing - I upgraded the rear derailleur to Shimano Deore 10-speed from the stock Tiagra (or maybe Altus, I'm not sure what it was to be honest).

Delivery:
I live close to Saskatoon (neighbouring province) - so I was fortunate my box showed up pretty quickly and in very good condition. The bike was packaged very well. Definitely the heaviest bike I've ever owned by a loooong shot - my God, these ebikes are heavy!

Assembly:
Of course I assembled the first day I got it! Assembly was pretty straightforward - took me an hour but I was being super slow and careful (probably could have done it in 10-15 minutes). Only note I would make is that their online instructions for assembly were not that great or clear - they have a video on YouTube that was way more helpful to me (although weirdly not linked to from the support page, but was pretty easy to find upon Googling- you just have to know it's there!).

Initial Impression:
So even though it was almost midnight by the time I finished assembly, I just had to take the bike out for a very small spin - the battery was charged enough to do so. First impression: Wow! Fair amount of assist right off the bat (it's in 1-5 range) but still felt pretty good, very stable. Only rolled around for a couple of minutes, but felt really good.
Took the bike out for a bit longer ride around my house and neighbourhood the next day in actual daylight, and after charging the battery. First thing was I bedded the brakes - which went totally fine. Was able to try out full speed on full assist (level 5) and other levels, testing things out, as well as trying the throttle. Initially was confused as I thought the throttle wasn't limited - but turns out it's capped at certain speeds for each pedal assist level, I just thought the opposite. Holy moly, that was fun! And wow, the power was amazing! Reinforced that "wow" feeling from the small ride the night before a hundred fold. I was smiling pretty much the entire time.

After that first ride, I have been riding the bike almost every day. Have about 150-200 km on it so far. It's been amazing, and a bit life changing. I had bought this with the intent of turning it into my primary transportation to work, and basically replacing a car (we had already gone down to a single vehicle last year, and I was taking transit, but with COVID- I'm just not comfortable with transit in the near to medium future). I can happily say that I've ridden to work every day and have basically looked forward to the rides each day as well. I get to work a bit faster, I'm not sweaty at all (or barely), the bike climbs hills ridiculously well, and I have a few longer flat spots on road and multi use trail that I can just use the throttle and relax, and it's glorious!

Of course, not everything has been sunshine and rainbows, so I have a small pros and cons list.
Pros:
- Feels exceptionally well built and sturdy. Particularly after my first spill on unexpected gravel/sand on asphalt - lower speed crash, and bike is scratched up a bit, but no major issues that I've noticed.
- Great battery range for my needs. Battery comes easily in and out of it's integrated spot on the bike.
- Deore upgrade well worth the money, I think - it's nice to have 10 speeds, and generally shifts well (although a bit more on that later).
- Makes hill climbing so easy. I know this would be the case for most ebikes - but the Classic does so super well, it's probably my favourite thing about the bike.
- Throttle! So Much Fun!! (Although if I didn't have it, I'd probably be fine - but it is fun to have :) )
- Good customer support. Fairly timely responses and quite helpful for what I've needed, in keeping with the majority of feedback I see and hear.

Cons:
- Assembly instructions online could be better - I actually don't think they're that accurate. Or at least - the video is more accurate to what I had - and the video strangely isn't linked to from the website.
- Gear shifting issues - I have noticed some odd shifting issues lately. Some of the gears shift more quickly or "clunk"-ily, and not as smoothly as the beginning. In addition - the gear sensor doesn't seem to cut out as long for certain gears at certain PAS levels (i.e. I get almost instant power almost before the chain is moved to the correct gear). Something I'm keeping an eye on with Biktrix. Seems a bit early to be happening given I really haven't ridden it THAT much.
- Weight - holy Jesus, this thing is heavy. Very stable overall - but if it goes down, you're going down too. I'm really going to have to think hard about what to do for winter tires, and whether I get a set with studs.
- Rear light - battery operated. I wish it was integrated into the bike's battery, although that's a minor complaint for me.

I'm super impressed and very happy overall with my purchase. It's been a lot of fun and is a joy every time I'm riding. Some things I'll be keeping an eye on, but I'm quite excited to continue my commuting adventures and see how it does when seasons change! Highly recommend Biktrix if anyone's considering an ebike. Assuming you can find them in stock! :)
Thanks for reading, and thanks again to all who have given me input in this thread and others.
sounds like a WIN! dont stress on the gear sensor if you have to replace it, its a relatively easy install although your issue is probably just a derailleur adjustment! be sure to join the Biktrix facebook group if you haven't already!

Delivery:

Assembly:

Initial Impression:

Pros:

Cons:

Thanks for the review ...bike sounds awesome ...since I asked for the review the wife and I have received our bikes from Biktrix ..Stunner and Stunner X both are awesome and we have rode more then expected .. we actually try to get out everyday .. Thanks again for the review!

sounds like a WIN! dont stress on the gear sensor if you have to replace it, its a relatively easy install although your issue is probably just a derailleur adjustment! be sure to join the Biktrix facebook group if you haven't already!
Thanks for that advice, I'll be keeping an eye on it and hopefully it's just the derailleur! I have definitely joined the Facebook group, which has been very helpful too. Thanks!

Thanks for the review ...bike sounds awesome ...since I asked for the review the wife and I have received our bikes from Biktrix ..Stunner and Stunner X both are awesome and we have rode more then expected .. we actually try to get out everyday .. Thanks again for the review!
No worries, sorry it wasn't earlier! That's awesome, glad you and your wife are enjoying your bikes! My wife is currently in the waiting game for her Stunner Step Thru. :)

Back