Jetson on Hills

ejsky

Looking for a SSEB, I live on a large hill (roughly one mile). Wondering how itd hold up on that. Also, does it have turn signals?

Looking for a SSEB, I live on a large hill (roughly one mile). Wondering how itd hold up on that. Also, does it have turn signals?
Hi:

I just bought one. I love it, but let me tell you, that thing doesn't like hills at all! I weight 210 lbs, and it slows down considerably when there's the slightest hill. If it's a little steep, you have to "pedal assist" to make it to the top, which is not easy given the weight of the bike. But it does have turn signals, that some find ennoying because of the sounder they have (little bit like a truck does backing up). I don't mind cuz this reminds you to shut them off once you're done turning! Hope this helps!

I've only spent limited time with the Jetson electric bike but felt it performed alright on flat roads. It is very heavy as John points out and I only weigh 130lbs so it's hard to say how it would perform with steeper hills and larger riders. If you end up getting one I'd love to hear how it works for you! For ebikes a 500 watt motor and 48 volt battery is considered strong but that's for 50lb bikes and the Jetson is 125lbs... That said, I've been impressed with the ~$2k price tag and the lights, turn signals etc.

I've only spent limited time with the Jetson electric bike but felt it performed alright on flat roads. It is very heavy as John points out and I only weigh 130lbs so it's hard to say how it would perform with steeper hills and larger riders. If you end up getting one I'd love to hear how it works for you! For ebikes a 500 watt motor and 48 volt battery is considered strong but that's for 50lb bikes and the Jetson is 125lbs... That said, I've been impressed with the ~$2k price tag and the lights, turn signals etc.
I'm thinking about buying this bike, but 125lbs.? Your review says 65lbs. Can you clarify please?

@joey g , I just scanned the review and can't see where Court mentions 65lbs. The Jetson review does say 125 lbs several times. BTW it's not really a bike to pedal; the pedals are just there to keep it legal as a bike; it's what I like to call a 'scooter bike.' All reviews provide both English values, like 'lbs', and metric, like 'kg' or 'mm' so one thought may be that you are looking at the 56.7 kg weight which converted is 125 lbs.
If there is a line in the review that says 65lbs, would you please copy it and paste it into a post so we can fix it.

@joey g , I just scanned the review and can't see where Court mentions 65lbs. The Jetson review does say 125 lbs several times. BTW it's not really a bike to pedal; the pedals are just there to keep it legal as a bike; it's what I like to call a 'scooter bike.' All reviews provide both English values, like 'lbs', and metric, like 'kg' or 'mm' so one thought may be that you are looking at the 56.7 kg weight which converted is 125 lbs.
If there is a line in the review that says 65lbs, would you please copy it and paste it into a post so we can fix it.
I'm sorry Ann. I thought this thread was talking about the Jetson Bicycle. Sorry to waste your time. On another note, EBR is top shelf. I'll be purchasing my first e bike very soon, and EBR has been very detrimental in helping make my choice of bike. Thank you so much for the endless reviews. Very much appreciated.

Back