Jeep 1,500W full-suspension e-bike review

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
A very powerful Fat EBike, but I'm not sure if the market is large enough to support the $6K price point after the early adopters are in. ;)

The bikes went on sale in March at a whopping $5,899. Jeep apparently sold enough of the bikes to move forward with the project, as the company has now announced that shipping of the first models will begin within a week. To celebrate the upcoming shipping, QuietKat has also shared some new videos showing the Jeep e-bike in action. In the video, the team took the Jeep e-bike up some very steep mountain roads to show off its powerful climbing ability.

With 160 Nm (118 ft-lb) of torque, that Bafang Ultra motor makes quick work of nearly any trail. In fact, I’ve experienced the incredible climbing power of that motor myself. Last year I visited the Chinese factory where the Jeep e-bike is produced and had to opportunity to ride a similar e-bike up a downhill e-bike course. The owners of the bike park had said that previously only dirt bikes like the electric Sur Ron had managed to climb the trail backwards, and that the Bafang Ultra-powered e-bikes we rode were the first bicycles to ever perform the feat.

So suffice it to say that while pricy, the Jeep e-bike is loaded with one of the most powerful mid-drive motors available on a retail e-bike. And when you add in the high-end RockShox suspension, 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes, the 10-speed transmission and the rest of the high-end components, it’s safe to say that those early adopters are in for quite a thrilling ride when the Jeep e-bikes start shipping soon

Screen-Shot-2020-08-22-at-10.28.05-AM.png

I just watched the video again to see the slow downhill performance... far better suited for flat land hunting.

It's just a Frey in Jeep livery. With a middle man even....Guess it must be a Jeep thing

Basically a fat tire Frey AM 1000 / Frey EX (without dual battery option) at an inflated price. With fat tires, a woefully spec'd battery, and the poor efficiency of the stock controller users are going regret not having a spare.

Back