It's Winter !!! What Now ?

Traskrider

So now that's it's winter and the rains are setting in here in the Northwest part of Oregon, how bout some snow riding these fat beasts ? I see a lot of fat bike snow riding videos. you think these bikes could hold up to some mild riding in the snow ? I don't want to thrash and flip or crash out hard but just normal fun on some trails. Think it would be the next best thing !!

If I had snow nearby, my radrover would be on it! The fat snow tires are perfect. Would try & stay where it's packed & solid, rather that deep, soft & wet. Happy roving :)

I'm planning on doing some winter riding here in Michigan this season. I'm debating on whether or not I should get an action cam. The gopro 5 Hero Session looks alike a pretty good camera. What do you guys use?

I'm planning on doing some winter riding here in Michigan this season. I'm debating on whether or not I should get an action cam. The gopro 5 Hero Session looks alike a pretty good camera. What do you guys use?

I've had a go pro about 4 years. The old model still works fine for my occasional use. I'm sure the newer models have improvements. Also, there are other companies such as sony with action cams. It can be fun to share adventures. I'd do it more often if I did tricks, like the guys at the skate park doing 360's on their e-bikes. Good luck:)

I just switched my fatbike over to snow tires. Vee-Rubber Snowshoes vs the V-rubber Speedsters, which were smooth and probably useless in snow. They are quite noisy. Sounds like Dawn Patrol. I have not tried it in the snow yet, since I added the rear hub motor.

Vee-rubber says they're 4.7 x 26, but they span 4 inches on my 80 mm rims. I estimate they would still be close to that on 100mm rims.

It ruins my fun when my hands and feet get cold.

We hit a cold spell in NM of low-mid 20s in the morning (that is cold for us). I got a pair of the Bar Mitts neoprene handlebar mittens, Amazon, $55, and they really work very well at keeping my hands warm at 18-22 mph for my 25-30 min commute at 5:30 am. My heavy duty padded Pearl Izumi winter gloves would leave my finger tips almost numb because of the cold on the same ride. When I use the Mitts, I ended up just using my summer half-fingered padded gloves instead of my med temp full fingered and heavy duty Izumi bike gloves. I remove the mitts for the ride home and just use the full fingered gloves (usually +40 degrees by then). There is more than enough room to toss in a hand warmer in the pouch for really cold mornings or longer rides. I also find it easier to feel the control by touch with the half fingered gloves.

They look goofy; but, keep your hands very comfortable (easy to take on/off in minutes).

This may be the best option...

Attachments

• snow bike lol.jpg
    snow bike lol.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 571
Now that looks like a lot of fun! You wouldn't have to worry about changing a flat during the winter. I agree, add an electric motor and that would be a juggernaut in snow country. I imagine the snow accessories cost more than the original full suspension bike.

I want to ride in the snow!! I'm trying to find an way to do so..

However I did get my fix for this month - got to ride the RadRover on the beach for the first time (main reason I bought the bike - Oregon coast). It was... AWESOME. You can see my happy face the whole duration I did my selfie shots!

(Video was shot with GoPro & iPhone 7 Plus using Osmo Mobile)

Back