It's fire season again

Today, here, down from hazardous to merely ´unhealthy´. Aren´t you thrilled?🤡 Not much comfort for those who lost
homes or evacuated. Humidity´s back up; makes it easier to digest.

Today, here, down from hazardous to merely ´unhealthy´. Aren´t you thrilled?🤡 Not much comfort for those who lost
homes or evacuated. Humidity´s back up; makes it easier to digest.
Ours as well. No smoke on the ground this AM. I may venture out for a short ride despite the 188 AQI. Not exercising is also unhealthy...😎

Ours as well. No smoke on the ground this AM. I may venture out for a short ride despite the 188 AQI. Not exercising is also unhealthy...😎
Pass, the wife just came in from a brief attempt to water flowers; said it went straight to her lungs. I´ve got near 50k mi on my old
schwinn stationary bike. I´ll just go for a few more. The only way I could possibly be more socially distanced would be divorce. I haven´t
spoken more that a couple sentences to another person since May.
P.S. I don think you´ll need the sunglasses.

not here still about 480 so I had to ride the bus. two days sitting at home has made my leg hurt as much as riding has.
Sounds like you might have a greenstick fracture to your femur. A simple xray instead of MRI might confirm of deny.
Then again the body takes a long time to absorb a massive hematoma. I had a pretty good one in my armpit after
this last fall, Humerus was driven into the joint like a sledge hammer. Don´ be a hero; get it looked at, but under no
circumstance go to an ER. That way lies madness. Don´t sign anything! It gives ´em a license to steal.

Last edited:
Sounds like you might have a greenstick fracture to your femur. A simple xray instead of MRI might confirm of deny.
Then again the body takes a long time to absorb a massive hematoma. I had a pretty good one in my armpit after
this last fall, Humerus was driven into the joint like a sledge hammer. Don´ be a hero; get it looked at, but under no
circumstance go to an ER. That way lies madness. Don´t sign anything!
no I had a x ray and all is fine. well fine to a x ray. they did a ultrasound of my alien bump too. the bump is pretty much gone but the mussle below it is whats hurting. I asked for PT all that would be left is a MRI.

We're down to 139 - still unhealthy for me so will put the bike away until December.

no I had a x ray and all is fine. well fine to a x ray. they did a ultrasound of my alien bump too. the bump is pretty much gone but the mussle below it is whats hurting. I asked for PT all that would be left is a MRI.
Okay, That sounds like the muscle has been partially torn where it attaches, &, or probably a bad bone bruise, painful & takes forever to heal.
Be kind to your leg, mobile, but avoid stress. Just guessing, but this one may be with you for a while.

Pat, thereś always a stationary. Around here I´ve seen lots of set out on the street for free, also treadmills, even a bowflex. Check CL.
We're heading to the east coast this week, John, so it's not a big deal right now - just thought I'd get more rides in before we left than conditions have allowed.

Still hoping to find a decent option for an ebike at our second home location, so I can ride there, too!

Okay, That sounds like the muscle has been partially torn where it attaches, &, or probably a bad bone bruise, painful & takes forever to heal.
Be kind to your leg, mobile, but avoid stress. Just guessing, but this one may be with you for a while.
How could I possibly bruise my bone landing on the end of a handlebar?? :Dya its gonna be slow thats why I want to get going on PT as soon as possible. a ebike at least lets me ride without working my leg much at all if I need to.

Last edited:
We're heading to the east coast this week, John, so it's not a big deal right now - just thought I'd get more rides in before we left than conditions have allowed.

Still hoping to find a decent option for an ebike at our second home location, so I can ride there, too!
Wish I had that option.

Back