It's fire season again

ya I may need to take a few days off biking my leg injury from our tandem crash is hurting a lot when I ride.
The leg injury is more likely to heal up well and quickly than your lungs in that smoke, that could slow you down for a very long time. Stay safe and inside if you can.

AQI this morning much improved here, 171. Am trying to take a more positive attitude & look for a silver lining. I can probably
get away with an hour or two working outside today assuming it doesn´t come back up again. Ash does fertilize soil. This may
not help the forest much, but in some areas dry grass & ground cover prevent moisture from reaching the soil. Prairies can
benefit greatly from occasional burn off.(not that there are any within miles of here). Still angry at the scope of these fires.
I seen fire seasons over the past 30 years, but nothing approaching the scale of current devastation. I´m forced to wonder
what new catastrophe awaits in these difficult times.

Last edited:
ya I may need to take a few days off biking my leg injury from our tandem crash is hurting a lot when I ride.
I hear ya; bin 2 mos. since my crash & my shoulder still painful in the morning. Nothing new; I´ve had many
such injuries. They can take a couple years to heal completely. Nothin´ for it but stoic acceptance.....& pain killers.

I have torn many muscles. there word thing is its a muscle below were I landed on the bar. it was only hurting on the second ride of the day but now it is right away. sitting aggravates it too and that all I can do right now with the smoke. debating on getting a MRI so. I can find out exactly what is happening and get some appropriate PT or just ask for PT assuming it is town.

Cycling injuries are no fun... I am recovering from a torn MCL and it's still painful to ride.

Seems like a good time to take a break from riding with the smoke and poor air quality.

Cycling injuries are no fun... I am recovering from a torn MCL and it's still painful to ride.

Seems like a good time to take a break from riding with the smoke and poor air quality.
just debating on getting a mRI or just assume I damaged/torn it and go straight to PT> I have had over 10 torn muscles so I know what it feels like. sitting around is not great either as I hit right where my leg and hp join.

just debating on getting a mRI or just assume I damaged/torn it and go straight to PT>
I have had over 10 torn muscles so I know what it feels like. sitting around is not great either as I hit right where my leg and hp join.

Same situation here... I passed on the MRI and will go with PT, Ice, and NSAIDs for my recovery/rehab. ;)

Last edited:
I have torn many muscles. there word thing is its a muscle below were I landed on the bar. it was only hurting on the second ride of the day but now it is right away. sitting aggravates it too and that all I can do right now with the smoke. debating on getting a MRI so. I can find out exactly what is happening and get some appropriate PT or just ask for PT assuming it is town.
MRI s Can be absurdly expensive, They tried to stick me for $7k for an ´inconclusive´ partial that for some reason was blacked out
right in the injured area. That & the rest of what went on made for a nice malpractice suit. I got ´em to drop the whole bill. They never
did actually treat my injury.

Was hoping to get daily rides in before we head east on Wednesday, but that's not going to happen for me with the unhealthy air level :(.

So... Looks like end of November/beginning of December now before I'll be riding again!

MRI s Can be absurdly expensive, They tried to stick me for $7k for an ´inconclusive´ partial that for some reason was blacked out
right in the injured area. That & the rest of what went on made for a nice malpractice suit. I got ´em to drop the whole bill. They never
did actually treat my injury.
took them 6 months finally do one on my shoulder to find the torn rotator cuff and one other tear then I got pt and hit helped a lot.

This sounds like a new thread topic, but I'm having trouble coming up with an appropriately interesting title 🤣😂!

Back