Is your Back-Aching taking your Ebikes + Bike racks on the road? Try the "MoTow" - Great for SUV's, RV's

Jenz

My ebikes are 60-70 plus pounds each and it's been quite a hassle loading them up onto my SUV's hitch-mount bike rack. I even tried racks with ramps and some of them can be quite dangerous especially with heavier bikes. After looking all over for solutions, I found the MoTow https://motowus.com/product/motow-hitch-lift/

It's a hitch mounted device that will allow you to lower your bike rack to the ground, where you can easily load your ebikes. It's not cheap but a very high quality stainless steel device that will save your back from abuse. I recently purchased the manual version but you can also purchase a motorized version. I found the MoTow people to be very helpful and responsive pre and post-sale.

Here's a video of the MoTow in action

I'm told it's also good with electric scooters and they even have versions for use with motorcycles.

Definitely worth taking a look at.

I'm not affiliated with the company. Just a happy customer.

Attachments

• Motow for EBR1.png
    Motow for EBR1.png
    922.6 KB · Views: 548
  • Motow for EBR.png
    Motow for EBR.png
    836.5 KB · Views: 624
That's a great idea, and it looks like it would work well on a sedan, or maybe a pickup, but with an SUV you wouldn't be able to open the liftgate while the Mowtow is attached.

Works great on my SUV and the nice folks at MoTow even modified it to clear my liftgate. Very pleased with it.

Looks like a nice tow bar for heavier bikes (or us older folks). If I were looking to replace my 1UPUSA rack, this would be a contender.

This could be a game changer for seniors who are riding
e-bikes. The fact it has universal receiver tube will allow many forms of conventional tray bike racks. Kudos to MoTow.

Great product! Might be worth a look but it appears I would have to remove it to lower the tailgate on my pickup. I would be more interested if the upright member could pivot when not in use.

Had a similar problem with the hatch on my SUV. MoTow modified the device so that it would clear my hatch.

Could you post a picture? A hatch on a SUV opens differently than a tailgate on a pickup truck.

Back