Is Watt Wagons Folding It's Business?

@Csubi rather irresponsible of you to speak for the entire world. 😂
I personally believe this post to be prognosticative. I don't see any other possible outcome.

This post is stupid. They aren’t going out of business, I talked to Greg yesterday about ordering a spare 52v battery. They are alive and well.
So why is Pushkar threatening to fold? I linked the recent post where he did this. More to the point, if they're solvent, what the hell are the hold-ups with the refunds? Insisting they're not going out of business just shifts the question from "Are they solvent?" to "Is this a scam?". Putting aside the list of shady practices they've been engaging in, I think the solvency question is the right one to focus on when they're still (slowly) delivering bikes that mostly bear passing resemblance to what was ordered.
I think you're a proponent of what you think free speech is, or should be. Someone else might have a different view.
I like Elon Musk's definition of free speech: "Someone you don't like is allowed to say something you don't like."
You're citing someone that was threatening to sack most of Twitter's staff for their political takes as an example of a free speech advocate? Bold.
You must lead a very boring life with all the time you have to come on here and bad mouth Watt Wagons.
Any less boring than yours with your need to whiteknight for Pushkar?

Whenever I read anything from the WW defenders, it feels like walking through a village of glass houses - if for no other reason than they'd never accept the experiences they're defending.

So why is Pushkar threatening to fold? I linked the recent post where he did this. More to the point, if they're solvent, what the hell are the hold-ups with the refunds? Insisting they're not going out of business just shifts the question from "Are they solvent?" to "Is this a scam?". Putting aside the list of shady practices they've been engaging in, I think the solvency question is the right one to focus on when they're still (slowly) delivering bikes that mostly bear passing resemblance to what was ordered.

You're citing someone that was threatening to sack most of Twitter's staff for their political takes as an example of a free speech advocate? Bold.

Any less boring than yours with your need to whiteknight for Pushkar?

Whenever I read anything from the WW defenders, it feels like walking through a village of glass houses - if for no other reason than they'd never accept the experiences they're defending.
I can only comment on my dealings with Pushkar and Watt Wagons all which have been nothing but positive. So yes I am going to defend them when people repeatedly continue to bash the company. We get the fact that you and others don’t like WW, it’s been stated many times. So much so that its gotten really old. What little sympathy I had for yours and others issues is long gone.

I talk with Puskar often as well as Amit. I have never experienced anything negative. I too can prognosticate! Gun laws will never change in the USA.🍿

IF everyone is Confident that Watt Wagons will refund the people that have asked for it then why not pool your money and then have him reimburse you? Then we can close this thread.

If not then I say let them vent until they are compensated and happy. You can defend these practices (that is your right) and it doesnt make it right or wrong it just makes it what it is.

Lets see you guys put your money where your keyboard meets your fingers (where your mouth is kinda).

Now when you have to wait for your money or a call back we will see how you react.. I have seen MANY topics on BUYER BEWARE and so on... Pool your money or let him complain. Once you have some skin in the game then you can cry about him crying.

Ok thats me.. I know what half of you will say and I know what the other half will do... None of you will man up though, that I am confident .

IF everyone is Confident that Watt Wagons will refund the people that have asked for it then why not pool your money and then have him reimburse you? Then we can close this thread.

If not then I say let them vent until they are compensated and happy. You can defend these practices (that is your right) and it doesnt make it right or wrong it just makes it what it is.

Lets see you guys put your money where your keyboard meets your fingers (where your mouth is kinda).

Now when you have to wait for your money or a call back we will see how you react.. I have seen MANY topics on BUYER BEWARE and so on... Pool your money or let him complain. Once you have some skin in the game then you can cry about him crying.

Ok thats me.. I know what half of you will say and I know what the other half will do... None of you will man up though, that I am confident .
I might add the quote that I often see, "If you don't like the subject line, don't read the post."

What little sympathy I had for yours and others issues is long gone.
I'm not here for the sympathy. I'm here to:
  • Get what I'm owed.
  • Inform others so they don't walk into the same horrible experience I did, which will potentially see them paying for a bike that'll never be built.
  • Pressure Pushkar to lift his game - start communicating, stop selling vapourware, and stop doing shady nonsense like just leaving out or downgrading parts.

What I am hearing is the old "you will get paid when I get paid", that business acumen just doesn't fly in 2022 anymore.
Do banks allow that beyond 120 days?
I know the company I am with now will carry it's customers almost any amount, until 90 days hit, then the account is locked.
And they get really serious if you go 120 days they lock the account so you can't buy anything, even new cash purchases, then again they don't charge any interest either, and view it as an extreme violation of good will.

My old boss use to say 3 things make a good business, with either your customers or your vendors.
#1 they pay on time
#2 they pay on time
#3 they pay on time

He had a very profitable business that was well respected, and he would just lock people down at 75k and 60 days. Construction supply company, he didn't care if you weren't getting paid, he wanted his money, or how long he had been doing business with you. Take a bank loan use your personal credit cards whatever it takes.
And that is where customer service meets it's real challenges with small business that are over leveraged on things that happen that are out of their control.....but in the end people don't care they just want their money and 120 days seems to be the edge of the limit you can push to in the business world.

Was anybody over 120 days getting their money back since they requested a full refund?

Last edited:
I'm not here for the sympathy. I'm here to:
  • Get what I'm owed.
  • Inform others so they don't walk into the same horrible experience I did, which will potentially see them paying for a bike that'll never be built.
  • Pressure Pushkar to lift his game - start communicating, stop selling vapourware, and stop doing shady nonsense like just leaving out or downgrading parts.
Unfortunately there are other manufacturers that run this same type of business model. Sondors is one that comes to mind. When they launch a new bike they show you renderings, not actual pictures of the bike your getting. Ninety percent of the time the bike you get isn’t exactly what was originally shown. You also pay ahead and wait six months or more for your bike.

Parts are hard to come by now so substitutions should be expected. Just the nature of the market today. IMO the best way to purchase a Hydra or other Watt Wagons bike is to buy the frame kit, ie frame/motor/battery, and finish it with the parts YOU want. I did it with my Fat Hydra and it was the best thing I did. Had to use a Wren fork because the Manitou fork I wanted wasn’t available. Pushkar installed the motor and did all the wiring. The kit came with everything I needed to complete the bike, headset, seat post clamp, rear shock mounts, etc. Now I know the bike inside out and can perform my own maintenance on it. The parts on it are the ones I chose to buy. Next WW bike I buy I’m doing the same thing.

If there is anything lacking here it’s communication. Pushkar needs to hire a guy to do nothing but work the boards and social media. That person could be the one who updates about part substitution, order status, answer any questions regarding products etc.

912BA66E-4872-40A1-A6BA-F885BE70DBE2.jpeg

@Cuz Vinny
If your handy with that type of thing it's a great idea then both online purchases and the LBS can help you complete the project faster with exactly what you want.

I am going to freely admit this is a bit of troll heading, but Pushkar has been very absent from EBR for a VERY long time.
If this pulls him out of hiding..........awesome.
I also saw in another thread somebody said he was threatening to fold his business. 😮
His Facebook is active so he hasn't totally given up on online media activity interaction.

Small businesses have been hit with unprecedented cost increases right across the board especially shipping.
One vendor recently told me the price of a standard shipping container, just to ship alone went from 3K to 6K to 12K to 20K and there are still massive delays at every level.
He also said he can get hit with $1500 a day charges once in port, and even though he wants to get the product out the same day, they can't, because of the backlog and still gets charged, this is extremely unfair to all the merchants.
Faced with these types of issues you need very deep pockets at this point to keep going, or a bank that is super forgiving and generous to you; which I doubt can continue forever.
I really feel bad for all these businesses, but I think WW customers would like to know.

A business that appears to be winding itself down by the owner might be headed that way.
Or maybe he is just changing his business model from direct interaction and sales with customers to distribution and collaboration with LBS business model like he did with Area 13 and one of their custom Ebikes.

Whatever the case, Pushkar, here is the chance for you to set the record straight for all the people posting in this Watt Wagon forum here on EBR. With the right strategies and knowledge, crypto could offer some stability or growth potential in these unpredictable times. You can find more insights and strategies on crypto investments at https://icoholder.com, which might be beneficial as we navigate these economic challenges
It's definitely been a while since Pushkar was active on EBR, and your points about the shipping and cost issues are spot-on. Small businesses are really feeling the pinch with these astronomical increases and delays. It's a tough situation all around.

It's definitely been a while since Pushkar was active on EBR, and your points about the shipping and cost issues are spot-on. Small businesses are really feeling the pinch with these astronomical increases and delays. It's a tough situation all around.
WW appears to be no longer selling e-bikes. They dont answer the phone or respond to support requests or emails.

Bought 3 , I only needed 1 paper weight. Started parting out a UC if anyone needs parts.

Bought 3 , I only needed 1 paper weight. Started parting out a UC if anyone needs parts.
Wow! I bought a complete 27.5 version and a fat Frameset of the Hydra. Sold the frame and motor off the 27.5 and kept all the parts for other builds. The fat bike frame I still have but I stripped all the parts from it. It’s buried in my garage somewhere and I’m not in any hurry to look for it.

Note that the planet is still in a pandemic. Just because you don't have to wear a mask in public (I still do) that doesn't mean other countries are in the clear. Plus, we have a war going on in a country that supplies product. When a business survives by selling products and supply chain issues interrupts those sales, you have a team of employees sitting around on the clock, building lease and other bills lurking in the background. If you looked for product from my employer right now on the shelves you'd think we were out of business as well, and we never stopped working during the pandemic. But part supply issues made production a challenge. Moral of my post, the pandemic sucks and it will be a long time before things return to normal, IF they ever do!
yep.like inflation you may rebound a little-never to the same level.

Cuz Vinny, if I remember correctly, Pushkar couldn't supply you with a replacement 52V battery?
My Hydra came with a 48V battery and I'm wondering if, down the road, I'll be in the same predicament as you.

Back