Is this (unbranded) control Unit a popular/generic unit? I want to see what options I have to do with it.

Frank Sebem

Hi all

My pal has recently purchased a genuine second-hand Ebike for £500, which I think is a bargain. The control unit that comes with it didn't have any instructions. Can anybody identify it? I suspect that because it has no manufacturer ID it could be a generic/Standard item?

Any ideas guys?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Ebike 1.jpg
    Ebike 1.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Ebike 2.jpg
    Ebike 2.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 119
Thank you for your assistance. I don't suppose you could point me in the direction of the user manual. My Pal is aware that last year I myself 'upgraded' my own Bafang Unit to go faster and over ride some default settings and he would like the same choices.

Cheers

So you upgraded the display? Or you found settings in the display to "upgrade" performance?

Google is really quite easy. For example, all I did was google "eBike displays".
I clicked on images and looked until I found an image very close to yours and clicked on it. From there I saw it was like a KT880, but was slightly different, so I googled "ebike KT display".
Again went to images and found the exact one. KT 790.

Again google can easily find ANY manual these days. Simply google...

KT LED 790 display manual

Just to avoid confusion, which motor is this? Did you make changes to your controller or through the display? Do you have the same display and controller motor combination?

I looked at the manual I found and the 790 didn't appear to have many changeable settings beyond 3 modes by way of the display. Honestly, I got stumped by their reference to the RFID card in one version of the manual..

@harryS HELP!!??

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything you can do with a LED console other than hope the PAS levels suit your riding style. Often PAS0 is set too fast for most people, but this unit claims to have four levels, so maybe that allows their PAS0 to be slow.
Sometimes, on the controller there will be a single wire that comes out and connects to another wire of same colour going back into the controller. That may be used for a speed limiter.

Back