Is this too good to be true?

I would hope using Paypal and AMEX will have the online fraud protection they advertise to protect the consumer. That is the main reason for using Paypal. If not, there would be no reason using a third party company for online transactions. Also, AMEX is very aggressive in combating online fraud and siding with the consumer. The website has an 888 number that I'll call and do some investigation.
The correct approach is to stop the theft. You may not get hurt financially, but someone or some company does. No crime is victimless.

Problem with PayPal is sometimes it can tie up your money for weeks.
If you link your PayPal account to a credit card only (and not a bank account) you can eliminate this situation. I've had PayPal try to drag their feet in the past. I've just told them "well, I guess I'll just have to dispute the charge directly with the credit card company." Wow, all of a sudden PayPal was able to address the issue immediately!

I would hope using Paypal and AMEX will have the online fraud protection they advertise to protect the consumer.
Like others noted, the best case scenario is that you will become a part of the fraud - buying something that was procured illegally. Another possibility is that you'll become a victim. There are too many signs that they are running a scam, even the manufacturer confirmed that he doesn't sell it to this retailer.

Just for Emphasis on ANY not just this retailer scam......
um ya I read the thread I'm the first one to say contact Roshan!

I bought a bike from them on the10th using PayPal. Appears to be a scam...bogus phone number etc. I filed with PayPal and yesterday got an email from sportssy...aka alpha elite llc ...saying that with the virus they only had 2 people working at warehouse and would ship in7 to 10 days. I am still 99% sure it’s a scam and will proceed with PayPal refund on the 20th.

Appears to be a scam...bogus phone number etc. I filed with PayPal and yesterday got an email from sportssy...aka alpha elite llc ...saying that with the virus they only had 2 people working at warehouse and would ship in7 to 10 days.

This is how they get you. There's a clock ticking on the Paypal dispute window, and the scammers know it. They act nice and make big promises, maybe sweetening the offer hoping that the victim goes along for a little bit and doesn't pull the paypal ripcord in time.

Read your paypal info and finalize it now.

I kept with it on PayPal and they agreed to refund the money. If anyone successfully buys from these folks please post here.

If dthegreek has a modicum of intelligence he will have already contacted his credit card company, cancelled the purchase and also cancelled his card. Lesson learned.

It's a funny world that we live in. I as the founder of Biktrix, tell someone that they have just been scammed because that particular retailer isn't an authorised dealer and that the price they are selling it for is way under what it even costs to make the bike and yet, people trust and give their money to the scammer rather than take my word for where our bikes are sold. Crazy :p

Scammers rely on their victim's greed clouding their common sense. They'll throw all caution to the wind, and ignore that inner voice telling them that they're being scammed.
As long as there is greed there will be scammers ready to use it to their advantage.

More like gullible.....50% off just does not happen in the real world.

Well...

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.04.14 PM.png

Ok..is that a current year bike or old stock cause yes I can buy Stromer 2018 at 50 % discount because the battery was never trickle charged...

As far as I know, Biktrix doesn't sell to this or ANY retailers.
I wouldn't say that Biktrix doesn't sell to any retailer. You can get it from Upzy.com.
Doesn't matter, anyway. The link in the post #1 is a scam. Btw, a minute ago my browser couldn't open it - the domain was still there but it said "The shop is unavailable". Probably have dooped the OP and a couple more people, and decided it's time to fold.

Back