Is this hole supposed to be there?

I don't think anyone was making a big deal about a hole that might be used in a different motor application on the same frame.
But giving a bs answers such as it doesn't need to be closed or it's there for ventilation because you're too cheap and/or ignorant to put a proper sealing grommet in it will attract criticism.
That said.. I say put some curlies around it, run it up a muddy hill to get it hot and sloppy and call it Debbie 🙃

I gotta throw my .02 in here as well......

Bike is a Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra correct?

I think Roshan is the Biktrix Rep correct?

Then I have a question for Roshan: Why on earth would you route the dropper post cable through that hole??? If your smart and you need to run a dropper cable you want it to exit the seat tube above the "Motor mount" area and run internally INSIDE the downtube up to the stem area and exit there to a trigger mounted on your bars. Oh and another thing the "Exit hole" at the bottom of the seat tube for the Juggernaut Ultra FS should have the hole drilled at an angle and not straight through like it is. We had to drop the motor and bevel and open up the hole to allow the cable to exit at an angle so it would lay flat above the motor so we could route it up through the downtube and exit closer to the head tube there for the trigger.
One more question for Roshan: How does having an open hole on the lower tube area act as an access when you need to route cables through the down tube? Again you would want to drop the motor and run the cables through there I would think. At least on the Ultra FS anyway. Rear brake, Shifter, dropper, and Main Harness cable all route above the motor and frame as well as the Pos/Neg for the battery.

Now if the motor was a BBSHD I get it because the wires exit the motor from the bottom but the Ultra exits everything out the top.

Don't think anyone was "Trolling" you. What you should of said was yes put a rubber grommet plug in there.
If you've looked at this bike, you'll see that there is no exit for the dropper post on the seattube. For externally routed dropper posts, you could run it along the top tube and zip tie it. But customers don't usually like that. So they run it along the seattube, then it goes in through the downtube at this entry point and up to the handlebar. Installing an external dropper shouldn't require anyone to drop the motor. Which is why we had this on some frames.

If you try doing a rear brake swap, you'll see on bikes like this, the opening is immensely useful to guide the hose through. You could even get away without dropping the motor. Without it, the motor needs to be dropped.

Like I've said before - plug the hole or don't. It won't impede motor/bike function. If you want to plug it, go for it. If you don't care, then don't.

Mr. R I have looked at the bike in question ( Juggernaut Ultra FS) and it DOES have a predrilled hole in the bottom of the seat tube where it enters the area above where the motor mounts. My buddy bought one of your bikes at the end of last year and we installed a 150mm Dropper post on the bike so I know what I'm talking about. Like I stated before we had to elongate the hole to allow for the shifter cable to bend ninety degrees to lay flat on top of the motor and then run up inside the downtube to exit next to the head tube. On another note how many people are using an external dropper post? 5 years ago maybe I can't remember the last time I saw one, maybe it's me. Last but not least if you are going to run the hydro /mech brake line external why would you feed it into the downtube for 20" only to come out again at the top?

No disrespect intended, but you should of said put a rubber grommet in it. As far as the nonsense about allowing the motor to breath... Please.

Mr. R I have looked at the bike in question ( Juggernaut Ultra FS) and it DOES have a predrilled hole in the bottom of the seat tube where it enters the area above where the motor mounts. My buddy bought one of your bikes at the end of last year and we installed a 150mm Dropper post on the bike so I know what I'm talking about. Like I stated before we had to elongate the hole to allow for the shifter cable to bend ninety degrees to lay flat on top of the motor and then run up inside the downtube to exit next to the head tube. On another note how many people are using an external dropper post? 5 years ago maybe I can't remember the last time I saw one, maybe it's me. Last but not least if you are going to run the hydro /mech brake line external why would you feed it into the downtube for 20" only to come out again at the top?

No disrespect intended, but you should of said put a rubber grommet in it. As far as the nonsense about allowing the motor to breath... Please.
The FS is different from the u1000 which is the bike in question here. FS frame was redesigned late 2020.

We carried a cheap ks dropper that was externally routed and sold 1000s of them till we sold out last month.

My mistake. I was thrown off by the first sentence in the original poster’s thread. I have a hole in my Juggernaut Ultra’s downtube. I assumed the FS. Evidently I was incorrect. Carry on carry on.

My mistake. I was thrown off by the first sentence in the original poster’s thread. I have a hole in my Juggernaut Ultra’s downtube. I assumed the FS. Evidently I was incorrect. Carry on carry on.
Yes the original post shows lots of our bikes so it can be confusing :)

Like I've said before - plug the hole or don't. It won't impede motor/bike function. If you want to plug it, go for it. If you don't care, then don't.
I agree, it probably won't impede function... Most notably at least not while under warranty.
But even putting aside the poor aesthetics... It's still a gathering hole for wet organic material that should not have left the manufacturer without a proper sealing plug.
Really can't understand why you would say/think that it is ok.

My vote-
That hole is is in a perfect spot to attract "stuff" thrown up by the front wheel. Eventually, it going to collect enough crud (possibly including corrosion enhancers like salt/chloride) where it's going to hold moisture, which isn't good for anything. From where I'm sitting, that's a situation to be avoided.

It was put there to route cables. Clearly some designs use the hole for cables while others do not. Given the option on a bike with no cables, mine would have a cover (or piece of tape) over it to seal it. No rocket science required....

Back