New Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Beast - Unable to Program - Display cable fitting is a different shape

They mentioned nothing so im hoping this means they were able to get their hands on an older motor, they(Rize) know my bike is a 2020.
Fingers crossed you get the UART motor. If not, you'll be changing not just the display, but also the 4 to 1 harness that runs from the motor to the harness. Compared to the motor swap, not likely that big a deal. More just something to keep in mind.

Fingers crossed you get the UART motor. If not, you'll be changing not just the display, but also the 4 to 1 harness that runs from the motor to the harness. Compared to the motor swap, not likely that big a deal. More just something to keep in mind.
Well this just keeps getting better lol, i was hoping to have that bike back on the road on thursday, its my birthday and that would have been a sweet gift! Now im thinking its best not to get my hopes up lol, either way its not the end of the world, i reckon a new Ultra with wonky programing is still better than my old broken Ultra.

Kinda odd that they didn't confirm with you especially since this is a transition period. If you get the latest motor you'll need a new display.
Well my motors arrived in one piece, i didn't get a chance to install it yet but im hoping everything is going to match up!

Attachments

• 0806211639a.jpg
    0806211639a.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 0807211455a.jpg
    0807211455a.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 238
They didn't come with any wire harnesses?

Didn’t pan out for Bosch and similar. Bafang is working hard to lock customers into proprietary systems.
Then they better have a plan to get the programming worked out - somehow! What they have until then is a mess - that's not going to be very attractive to new users, OR enhanced sales of mid drives. They need to get a better handle on this ASAP.

Then they better have a plan to get the programming worked out - somehow! What they have until then is a mess - that's not going to be very attractive to new users, OR enhanced sales of mid drives. They need to get a better handle on this ASAP.
The problem is Bafang's idea of getting a handle on things is locking out end users once and for all.

The dealer level tool you guys are thinking of is the BESST tool. Even to dealers it provides only limited feature access.

From the sound of things the Cali Ebike controller sounds like the best option. You could be waiting a lonnnnng time for a Canbus solution. And if it becomes available just changing the encryption key will break any hacks to-date. Went thru this joyful merry go round with Mopar. Started when Daimler bought them out. The claim was they were preventing warranty fraud by locking out mods. Got worse when they put in rotating encryption keys.

Do you know if the programming has changed that much from the early Ultras ?

Nope, I have not ridden one. But from what I've read, it sure sounds like similar mess mine came with.

The problem is Bafang's idea of getting a handle on things is locking out end users once and for all.

The dealer level tool you guys are thinking of is the BESST tool. Even to dealers it provides only limited feature access.

From the sound of things the Cali Ebike controller sounds like the best option. You could be waiting a lonnnnng time for a Canbus solution. And if it becomes available just changing the encryption key will break any hacks to-date. Went thru this joyful merry go round with Mopar. Started when Daimler bought them out. The claim was they were preventing warranty fraud by locking out mods. Got worse when they put in rotating encryption keys.
That will absolutely kill the popularity of the Ultra to date - unless they come up with a program attractive to more people/a larger percentage of their market. Lacking that, there's going to need to be limited access at the very least - somehow.

Fingers crossed for all those with Ultra equipped bikes on order, that they'll get this worked out quickly.....

Do you know if the programming has changed that much from the early Ultras ?
Access has been limited. Now dealers have to log into the Bafang server. No more files on a dealer hard drive.
Don’t think for a moment their engineers aren’t monitoring the web for tales of hacks.
The new bottom bracket motors are really ugly.
If it looks like the current series BBSxx is going away I’ll grab a couple more. BBS01B motors are slow sellers but I’m a slow rider.
My 2014 BBS01(A) are impossible to find parts for.

Didn’t kill Bosch, Yamaha, and their ilk.
Bafang does some crazy s*it. There are 3 promising mid drive being built and in trials. One in an EBR video, Shengyi.(sp?)
Those all have programming that works/makes sense.....

They are for new installs, or are you replacing motors on an existing install?
One is a replacement the other was for a back up, the newer BBSHDS may or may not fit my integrated frame, my Juggernaut is long past its warranty so i wanted to be covered because i really like that bike! The problem is after ordering the BBSHD i have kinda got the bug to do a bargain build lol, so much for my back up.

Back