Is the Crosscurrent s2 a lesser version of the older Crosscurrent S and the Crosscurrent X is the same as older Crosscurrent S?

Billretired

It seems the crosscurrent S2 has less power than the older Crosscurrent S when looking at watts and volts. The crosscurrent x seems like the same as older crosscurrent S. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. The older CCS was 650W. New one is 750W for both models.

Both CC models have the same motor and controller, 25A now.

The current CCS2 doesn't come stock with fenders and rear rack as the old CCS did, and the current CCX does.

The controller for the CCS/CCS2/CCX is exactly the same so my theory is that they all have the same power. If you have a 52V battery you have nominally 4V more voltage so 80-100 extra watts on any of the bikes. There is an over boost feature that has been around since the original Cross Current which tends to confuse the issue (20A nominal versus 25A overboost for short periods of time.)

Last edited:
I thought the CCX had 25A controller??

Do CCS and CCX have identical controller?
I know the CCX display has "R" mode, is that and "overboost" mode for short periods of time that you're talking about?
If so, for how long?

If you zoom in on the label of the controller it says 20A nominal. That’s the maximum continuous power that the controller can sustain. That’s the controller Juiced Bikes lists as compatible with the CCS/CCS2/CCX and we have seen confirmation that is the controller installed in the CCX from the factory. The 25A is the overboost feature which gives you temporary overboost. The original Cross Current had this feature as well (13A nominal and would overboost to 16A.) R mode just removes the speed limitation and allows you to get max power regardless of speed. Pretty sure the CCS2 now comes with the same display as the CCX and gives you R mode.

Like I said this is just a theory of mine. Someone with a CCX/CCS2 can put the bike in R mode and see how many watts the bike will sustain continuously on the display (and not just for a few seconds). If it were really able to CONTINUOUSLY sustain 25A that’s around 1300-1400 watts on a fully charged battery figuring around a 4-5V sag.

It’s been a couple of years since I installed the 20A controller in my Cross Current but if you substitute “limit” for “nominal” in my previous posts everything else is accurate. Limit current being the maximum continuous current the controller will sustain. If it were really a 25A continuous controller it would be listed there. Again, it would be pretty easy for someone with a CCX to test out in the wild. Go find a long hill and put it on R mode. If it were able to sustain 25A, for more than short periods of time, you would see the corresponding watts (1300-1400W) reflected on the display.

Last edited:
If the CCS is 10A nominal then so is the CCS2/CCX since they use the same controller. I don’t know what nominal means in the context of the controller label. Numerous owners have confirmed they are putting out at least 1000-1100W continuous power according to the display. Makes about as much sense as nominal motor ratings I guess. When I bought my 20A controller the CCX wasn’t out yet. But when the CCX was released later that year it was confirmed here on the forum that it came with the same controller as the CCS when someone had to replace a failed controller themselves.

Back