Is it spring yet??

Infamous lol. I worked over in Hat City (aka Danbury) for a decade not long ago. Maybe we can meet up for a trail ride sometime neighbor.
That would great. Not many of us out there apparently. If you know any good rides, I'm open and looking. (If spring arrives! )

Soon it’s going to just pop, and then it will be unbearable hot.. but I won’t mind. I prefer unbearable hot lol. I know I reference it a lot but have you tried the north county trail

http://www.nycbikemaps.com/maps/north-and-south-county-trailways-bike-map/

It’s a real pretty ride. Goes all the way up into Brewster and down to Van Cortland Park in the Bronx. I’m open to suggestions if you know anything to the the Northeast up by you. Let me know.

Soon it’s going to just pop, and then it will be unbearable hot.. but I won’t mind. I prefer unbearable hot lol. I know I reference it a lot but have you tried the north county trail

http://www.nycbikemaps.com/maps/north-and-south-county-trailways-bike-map/

It’s a real pretty ride. Goes all the way up into Brewster and down to Van Cortland Park in the Bronx. I’m open to suggestions if you know anything to the the Northeast up by you. Let me know.
Joe - looks great. I'm game. I'm just getting to know this world now. Looking for spots of course near me, and otherwise. Let's stay in touch and go for it some time. If you email me at [email protected], we can exchange information.

Love it Chris. I guess if you're dressed right, anything can be done. I mean, the entire skiing industry is based on going fast in the very cold air, right? For some reason though, when you're going 20 miles an hour on a bike in 30 degrees, it seems damn cold on the face. So Cal is looking pretty good to me about now!
As they say in Finland, "There is no bad weather,only bad clothing."

Joe - looks great. I'm game. I'm just getting to know this world now. Looking for spots of course near me, and otherwise. Let's stay in touch and go for it some time. If you email me at [email protected], we can exchange information.
That sounds great Kurt, will do. Right now I’m strapping on some new grips and getting ready to go for a ride! Message you later

Spring has definitely sprung in the hills behind Santa Barbara, California
Coulson camp.jpg

I couldn't wait to ride so I wear long johns and tons of layers. My husband gets me hand warmers for my gloves, which work wonderfully.

Today started out really beautiful, but the last quarter of my ride was really cold. The temperature dropped like a rock. I wished I had hand-warmers and gloves.

Spring has definitely not yet sprung here in the mountains. Snow level is down to 4000 feet and it was 28 at my house this morning.

Early Summer arrived yesterday, bringing 83 degrees. But then thought better of it, and promptly left us with cloudy, scattered showers and mid-50's today. Spring should follow with the next 10 days in the mid-60's, hopefully!

It arrived, briefly! Finally had 2 wonderful days in CT where it hit 70. Then, as Tina said, it dropped like a rock. But I got out both days! I'm still in my honeymoon phase and completely bonkers over the liberating feeling of being out AND with the ability and freedom to go anywhere I feel like. And hills... who cares! I own them. Ebikes, amazing!

It arrived, briefly! Finally had 2 wonderful days in CT where it hit 70. Then, as Tina said, it dropped like a rock. But I got out both days! I'm still in my honeymoon phase and completely bonkers over the liberating feeling of being out AND with the ability and freedom to go anywhere I feel like. And hills... who cares! I own them. Ebikes, amazing!
I'm with you, @Kurt in CT - I'll hit my 400th mile on the ebike tomorrow, since March 2. My longest consecutive streak is 6 days with rides - though I think I could hit 10 this month, if the weather cooperates... And my current longest outing sits at 36 miles now.
Just came in from a 17 mile morning loop around my county -- any Sunday before this (read: pretty much every Sunday ever) I'd be sleeping in, lounging with a paper, watching Netflix, etc. It is utterly fantastic knowing that I can tackle every hill the loop delivers and push through them. I aim for my lowest PAL that gets me up the hill, while pedaling hard in a lower gear, and save up my level 4 and 5 for some fun at the very end of the trip.

I'm with you, @Kurt in CT - I'll hit my 400th mile on the ebike tomorrow, since March 2. My longest consecutive streak is 6 days with rides - though I think I could hit 10 this month, if the weather cooperates... And my current longest outing sits at 36 miles now.
Just came in from a 17 mile morning loop around my county -- any Sunday before this (read: pretty much every Sunday ever) I'd be sleeping in, lounging with a paper, watching Netflix, etc. It is utterly fantastic knowing that I can tackle every hill the loop delivers and push through them. I aim for my lowest PAL that gets me up the hill, while pedaling hard in a lower gear, and save up my level 4 and 5 for some fun at the very end of the trip.
Chris, I appreciate your thoughts and I’m learning from a couple of your strategies. I’m on a learning curve that you and most are far past. For instance still learning the capacity of my battery... or determining that I can actually go on certain busier or narrow local roads and be comfortable. Basically it’s just getting confident with the bike world and my equipment.
Next, searching for off-road trails.

Spring has not sprung in Edmonton, Canada either. We just broke a record from 1975 by having a temperature below 0 degrees Celsius ( 32 degrees Fahrenheit for the good folks from the USA) sometime during the 24 hour period, for 167 consecutive days starting last October 29th. We had a nice day yesterday (48 degrees Fahrenheit) so I got my trusty E-bike fired up and took off for my first ride of the year. Made it 6 blocks before I broke my chain. I don't normally use my throttle but it got me home. Chain is replaced and weather is looking up drastically by mid week, so I'll try again then.

It is snowing outside right now...

My driveway, which was sort of drying out, is now two miles of snowy muck. I am wondering if I should call snowy muck "snuck"?

Back