nilbox3693

Hello guys!
We are a team of young designers and engineers from India with an aim to build a premium e-bike that is affordable for everyone. We want to build a bike that is for the people, listening to the problems and the requirements of the current e-bike users. We have created a small survey to understand your views about the same. Please do provide your valuable feedback by filling this survey!
Also, if you're interested in the project and want to be a part of the journey, feel free to drop in your e-mail id as well (which is optional by the way). If you feel this survey is an attempt at phishing or is a marketing gimmick, we respect your opinion!

Calamus C-Vision Survey

Attachments

• Image from iOS watermark.png
    Image from iOS watermark.png
    756 KB · Views: 762
The survey said they’re aiming to start at $1900 & offer cheaper upgrades hence cheaper choice of Nexus 7 v Nexus 8 IGH, etc. if they’re planning to make it in India using a Bafang motor maybe they can hit the price.

The survey said they’re aiming to start at $1900 & offer cheaper upgrades hence cheaper choice of Nexus 7 v Nexus 8 IGH, etc. if they’re planning to make it in India using a Bafang motor maybe they can hit the price.

Considering the $1500 discount for early buyers, I'd say much more than $1900. I'd say at least $4500.

Considering the $1500 discount for early buyers, I'd say much more than $1900. I'd say at least $4500.

Thanks, didn't see that, no way they should be offering a Nexus 7 IGH on a bike that costly.

I was under the impression that the Bafang Ultra had too much torque for the Nexus IGH.

Could be, in his article Ron suggests Nexus 8 (gear 5 is the 1:1 ratio) is fine for a 36v BBS01 which is the combination I use on my bike, but he dislikes Nexus 7 for lacking a direct drive ratio gear. But for higher torque motors Biktrix use a Sturmey-Archer 5-speed IGH on their BBS02 powered Stunner though I'm unsure if its this model the RX-RK5 http://www.sturmey-archer.com/en/products/detail/rx-rk5 where gear 3 is the 1:1 direct drive. Shimano recently came out with their own 5 speed ebike-rated Nexus SG-C7000 https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/prod...trekking-e-bike-e6100-series/SG-C7000-5D.html where gear 1 is the 1:1 direct drive which seems better suited for higher torque motors but not 36v systems as there are no granny gears to help with hill climbing.

Last edited:
Could be, in his article Ron suggests Nexus 8 (gear 5 is the 1:1 ratio) is fine for a 36v BBS01 which is the combination I use on my bike. But for higher torque motors Biktrix use a Sturmey-Archer 5-speed IGH on their BBS02 powered Stunner though I'm unsure if its this model the RX-RK5 http://www.sturmey-archer.com/en/products/detail/rx-rk5 where gear 3 is the 1:1 direct drive. Shimano recently came out with their own 5 speed ebike-rated Nexus SG-C7000 https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/prod...trekking-e-bike-e6100-series/SG-C7000-5D.html where gear 1 is the 1:1 direct drive which seems better suited for higher torque motors but not 36v systems as there are no granny gears.

I don't think Biktrix uses any IGH with their Ultra bikes.

I don't think Biktrix uses any IGH with their Ultra bikes.

I don't doubt, the power would likely shred most IGH except a Sturmey 3 or Nexus 3

Last edited:
You don't even have to squint your eyes to see that the recent offering by Luna, the Fixie, is pretty much the same thing.

I for one am not a fan of the humped tt as when I get off my saddle that is just about where the boys land.

Good luck with your venture!

You don't even have to squint your eyes to see that the recent offering by Luna, the Fixie, is pretty much the same thing.

I for one am not a fan of the humped tt as when I get off my saddle that is just about where the boys land.

Good luck with your venture!

Luna Fixie ? I don't see that at all. Totally different bikes.

Very similar BB motor, integrated battery, IGH, skinny tires and flat bar. Seems at least in the same category to me.

Back