InterLock Seatpost Lock

Blue Bill

I picked up an InterLock seat post lock from MEC in Toronto the other day. This was a funded Kickstarter project.

It comes in two sizes 25.4 & 27.2 My ST1 has a 31.6 seatpost so I had to drop in a 27.2 to 31.6 seatpost shim (available at a local bicycle shop). This is not my primary lock on my Stromer ST1, but a convenient and handy secondary lock with the added bonus of being a seatpost lock.

interlock-seat-post-lock.jpg interlock-bike-lock.png

The silver ring is a 4.4mm seat post shim. Second photo from the InterLock website.

My wife saw it on Kickstarter and wanted one for her bicycle. We were about to order it online when I came across it locally at MEC for $49 CDN. We both think they're great. It's not designed for those high crime neighbourhoods but when used with my primary lock I'm hoping it adds enough deterrent to make a thief think twice. It's really great for an outdoor café where you bicycle is visible as it's really quick to deploy and store.

Here's a link to a review on bikerumor. Seems they're adding a 31.6mm post to the lineup in the future.

Yeah that's a cool idea for sure. I'm running a BodyFloat seat post system at the moment so it wouldn't work for me. None the less it's a decent idea!:D

Back