In the beginning, and desire...

OTOH, Mark has a good point. That being how bad it would suck to have a $2K+ bike tumbling down the highway..... Is this a case of less expensive is not good enough, (the cheap bike racks are made for hauling kid's bikes), or there are deals to be had on quality racks if one looks carefully enough....?

If one is really worried about a bike falling off or the rack breaking then a life line strap or two could be attached to the bike from a roof rack or from the inside of the hatch back. It's like when I transport my kayak I always use two straps for each support (4 total) in case one strap comes loose, the second will back it up.

My hyundai Elantra supposedly can not take a hitch. I would probably have it installed anyway but I think the liability coverage might be affected in case of an accident.
This rack is going to be a temporary fix and only work until my BMW i3 arrives, currently in Leipzig rolling off the line. The rack options with that vehicle are somewhat limited and I don't see a hitch going on it anytime soon. I hate to think what that hitch will cost, but think of it- an i3 with an E3.

Someone mentioned on the IZIP E3 Dash how that the trip odometer zeros out when computer times out or is turned off. This was very disturbing to me when this occurred to me, as the owner's manual does not say it will do this. It tells you how to manually reset it but not that it will just zero out on its own. This needs to remain fixed, like the odometer, until one resets it. I think Currie should address this problem. Meanwhile, take note on a piece of paper or as a mental note the fixed odometer reading when you begin your trip and at the end of your trip. This is a temporary solution to a problem that should by all means be addressed.

With standard delivery FedEx delivers in 1-2 business days, depending on where you live in relation to where the package is being delivered from. I am on the West coast, and so is Currie, so it arrived within this time frame. You can track your package with the tracking number assigned to you.

Good advice!

Spec for spec, the Dash really fits the bill (on paper). Unfortunately, no shops near me have a Dash with which to compare, although there are some others...

And, my SLA batteries were not on my porch when I got home, so I have to wait and see if my ancient ebike even works....

Is it wrong if I secretly hope it doesn't?

:)
Lead is dead, as they say for ebikes, but lead is cheap too.

PC- my 2C, get your lithium fix and/or a new bike.

Good rides!

Back