IMBA Electric Mountain Bike Survey

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

I just took this survey from the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) about ebikes on trails and thought I'd share so you can sound off as well: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I obviously have a vested interest in ebikes succeeding and being accepted universally and always do my best with reviews to communicate safe legal use... Sometimes it feels like there's unnecessary drama surrounding the trail use of Class 1 ebikes but I can understand how fear works in combination with testosterone and misinformation to cultivate territorial behavior.

We've got people with electric paced hearts and electronic ear enhancement who are able to enjoy the world more fully... I see electric bicycles the same way, whether your body is damaged or not, they can enhance the experience without ruining it for others if used properly. Perhaps what we need is some sort of electronic emotional stability enhancer or cognitive accelerator for people who who tend towards physical intimidation and mob mentality in support of intolerance.

Now on the flip side, if you're riding illegally and irresponsibly, disrespectfully... you're giving the movement a bad name and putting yourself and others at risk. I hope you'll reconsider and honor the struggle that all cyclists have endured to get access to trails... Screenshot of the survey below for discussion:

imba-electric-mountain-bike-survey.jpg

Back