If my wife knew... she'd kill me.

Tom@WashDC

Region
USA
City
Loudoun County, VA.
Cleaning my chain bathed in solvent with her ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. If she knew, she'd kill me, then demand I buy her a new unit.
Gonna wax the chain after it's cleaned. The ultrasonic solvent bath does a great job btw.

cleaning.jpg

Last edited:
My wife had a cow the first time I used the ultra-sonic cleaner for a gummed up moped carb. She calmed down after I showed her the inner container came out and was stainless steel, hence the reason it was always clean whenever she used it. She had no idea that I've been using it to clean moped parts for many years. Distilled water and a few drops of Dawn dish soap will clean a moped carb without damaging the aluminum body.

Hope you don't get caught! Chain wax is the best for chain protection.

Here's a link to a youtube video showing how to clean items in an ultrasonic cleaner by putting them in plastic or glass containers. That way you keep all the nasty cleaning chemicals in the containers and plain water in the ultrasonic tub.

Here's a link to a youtube video showing how to clean items in an ultrasonic cleaner by putting them in plastic or glass containers. That way you keep all the nasty cleaning chemicals in the containers and plain water in the ultrasonic tub.
Good to know

Back