Ibera PackRack Bag and IB-RA5

MarkB

I have received my Ibera rack and bag, and have mouunted it.

Since I have installed Big O Mfg. fenders I had to drill and thread a new hole in the lower mount adjustment, so I could raise it up an inch.

image.jpeg

My bike didn't have rack mount tabs welded on the seat stays, so I used P-Clamps instead, and I
think they will work well.

image.jpeg

This bag holds my 15 pound Fahgettaboutit chain and lock as well as tools, my iPad, and lots of other stuff. It attaches and detaches easily, so I'm pretty pleased with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant. So good to see your e-bike being used in a way that suggest you may do the shopping like I do. Like that shiny chain!

Attachments

• Head shortened.jpg
    Head shortened.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 735
You could do some shopping, 17 liters isn't all that big. I have my huge heavy Kryptonite chain and lock in it and there is room for maybe a 6Pack. I'm thinking of not packing the chain and going on rides with my wife this summer. We can pack tools, iPad, and plenty of lunch stuff...

Mark -

Looking like you have gone for the same fender / rack combo as mine. I have a couple of transit laptop bags which I hang from it which also fit my human powered road bike when I use it for commuting. I have since gone for a smoother tyre which doesn't look as good under the fender but is way more quiet for the morning work run. I will swap them back when I retire this one from commuting....which is a long way off!! I am certainly enjoying the bike although I worry how it will hold up at the 80-100 miles a week it does. My road bike is a high spec bike by comparison and has done around 3500 miles and is faultless and has had minimum maintenance. I'm certainly going around the rad rover weekly checking it and certainly having to tweek the brakes every other day!

I fixed a front rack to my Qwic within a short time from purchase. I prefer weight on the front since most of the weight is already on the rear half to start with. In the image the bags are Karrimor (red) front panniers. I also have some 40 years old Carradice bags seen in the second photo. Ready to go.jpg Experimenting.jpg I used them on my touring bike until I sold it to fund (partly) my Qwic e-bike

I'm sure to reflect our personal preferences, we all make changes to our e-bikes as time goes by. I felt I was too much sit-up-and-beg. I had bars that were bent and also kicked upward about 30mm from centre. Now I have now fitted straight bars, and a longer stem that slopes downwards and at the same time, reduced the width of the bars by 35mm each side. I found the bars and stem in a local shop. Along with a few other sets they had been taken from a new conventional bikes where the customer had wanted to switch to 'drops'. They had been put in a plastic bucket in a corner!
They are much better. Easier into the wind and being more 'over the crank' my pedalling effort seems more efficient.
The photos may just about show the before and after.

Attachments

• Tweeked.jpg
    Tweeked.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 657
  • Straight.jpg
    Straight.jpg
    923.3 KB · Views: 619
Back