I need a spare battery

Paladin

Been riding my all-mountain Rx in the Sierras but one battery is just not cutting it. I've got no problem spending the money on an extra battery but what's really killing me is the powerpack 500 seems to be available everywhere around the world except the good old USA. I can't see spending this much money on a 400 when I can get a 500 for just a few hundred dollars more. I have been checking out European vendors and it appears they can ship me the 500. Is this possible? Has anybody done this?

Been riding my all-mountain Rx in the Sierras but one battery is just not cutting it. I've got no problem spending the money on an extra battery but what's really killing me is the powerpack 500 seems to be available everywhere around the world except the good old USA. I can't see spending this much money on a 400 when I can get a 500 for just a few hundred dollars more. I have been checking out European vendors and it appears they can ship me the 500. Is this possible? Has anybody done this?

Bosch couldn't get the UL certifications for these 500Whr battery on time. But they will be here for the year 2016-2017.
You may get one from the overseas but Magura ( the Bosch's partner in managing all the service and warranty in the USA) may not accept any liability for that battery.
If something were to happen, you're at the mercy of the EU supplier. Not trying to fear monger you but that's the reality.

Thanks for the feedback Ravi. You bring up a good point but I wouldn't expect magura USA to take responsibility for a battery that I bought in the EU. Spending a lot of money on another powerpack 400 just seems like I'm buying old technology when there is something better out there. Guess I really need to make a decision soon so that I can take advantage of the summer riding season in the Sierras.

One of my local E bike shops says that the powerpack 500 might be available for sale sometime in September. Guess I'll hold off buy a spare battery until then.

Actually, Ravi from Lenny's gave me such a good deal on a 400w that it was worth buying it now, considering all the extra fun I'm having. I went from riding 30 miles a day w/ one charge in between to riding 70 miles straight through. . . well worth it. Thanks Ravi.

Been riding my easymotion Neo Exstrem for a year and a half started to shut down no fault codes went back to manufacture in Spain new motor/back wheel and reprogram battery ,went out for a 21 mile ride lost power five times today . It's a shame as it is a great bike any clues on next move please !

Thanks for the feedback Ravi. You bring up a good point but I wouldn't expect magura USA to take responsibility for a battery that I bought in the EU. Spending a lot of money on another powerpack 400 just seems like I'm buying old technology when there is something better out there. Guess I really need to make a decision soon so that I can take advantage of the summer riding season in the Sierras.

not new tech, just a 25% bigger "bucket". You're thinking of it in a way that puts more value there than maybe is? Do you really need that extra if you're gonna have 2 batteries? Just sayin... ;)

I still haven't bought a spare battery. My wife bought a Haibike and I borrow her's on really long rides. I still want a 500 wh battery. There are so many times when I could use that 20 to 25% more range without having to carry a spare battery. I only ride this bike off-road and must admit that it's on sport or turbo almost all the time. Can't help myself, those settings are just too much fun.

The more capacity the better, as far as I'm concerned.

My range is dropping slowly, and I would much rather have a larger battery to use less of rather than stressing my OEM 400 wh pack so much. All my miles are chipped, so I know I'm putting even greater stresses on the battery pack than normal. My normal cruising speed is around 26-28 mph, and I'll maintain that for 15-20 miles on my commute to and from work.

I still haven't bought a spare battery. My wife bought a Haibike and I borrow her's on really long rides. I still want a 500 wh battery. There are so many times when I could use that 20 to 25% more range without having to carry a spare battery. I only ride this bike off-road and must admit that it's on sport or turbo almost all the time. Can't help myself, those settings are just too much fun.

If that's the case then by all means go for it. :)

Just got my 16 Sduro Hardnine RC and I'm desperately looking for a spare battery. I use is to do a 40mile round trip commute in the mountains near Durango Co. Haven't been able to do it on a single charge.

The Bosch Powerpack 500 is finally available here in the US!!! Got mine about 10 days ago (went through San Diego Fly Rides, who drop shipped it from somewhere near Chicago). Slightly less than $1000 all in. Definitely gives me about 20% more range over the 400.

My powerpack 500 came in today. Good timing. I'm picking up my 2017 xduro all-mountain 8.0 tomorrow. 1000 watt hours of turbo bliss. Yeehaw!

Back