I need a battery for my BH Atom X Lynx 6 27.5 Pro (2018-2019)

edgarrstubbs

Region
USA
Hi there, I have a BH Atom X Lynx 6 27.5 Pro (2018-2019) and need an OEM battery for it. The battery can be dead or alive, it just needs to be OEM. The battery is made by HiTech Energy Inc and the model number is BH1004H (FB-57-36V DC 20Ah 720Wh). I can't enjoy my bike until I get a battery for it so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• My Bike 3.png
    My Bike 3.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 564
  • Battery Model Number.png
    Battery Model Number.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 527
I think Crazy Lenny in WI sold the BH Atom X Lynx before BH left our market. I know for sure they sold the Yamaha powered ebikes by BH. Have you tried contacting them? They just might have new old stock BH batteries still on the shelf. I know nothing about the battery manufacturer, but they do list the battery: https://www.htenergy.com.tw/en/product2.html Now, do they still make or stock it? Don't know. But certainly worth a check by sending them an email. Good luck & let us know how it works out for you.

I think Crazy Lenny in WI sold the BH Atom X Lynx before BH left our market. I know for sure they sold the Yamaha powered ebikes by BH. Have you tried contacting them? They just might have new old stock BH batteries still on the shelf. I know nothing about the battery manufacturer, but they do list the battery: https://www.htenergy.com.tw/en/product2.html Now, do they still make or stock it? Don't know. But certainly worth a check by sending them an email. Good luck & let us know how it works out for you.
Thank you so much for replying, Mike. Unfortunately, I've already tried them to no avail. Very nice folks over there; it's just they don't have any more in stock and they say it takes forever to get anything from BH, headquartered out of Spain. In fact, they said they have orders still out for nearly 2 years! Unbelievable! Anyway, they say my best bet is to post on forums such as this one in hopes that someone has an extra or a dead battery that they are willing to part with. Regarding the battery manufacturer in Taiwan, while they may make the base battery, it is modified significantly and exclusively for BH, So, no luck there either. I'm not giving up. I will keep researching and inquiring until I get one, new or used. Thanks again!!

Edgar: I really feel for you as you have a premium, high end e-mountain bike that is rendered useless without a battery. I often wonder if this is the fate for all of us as high end manufacturers like Yamaha and Bosch leave early ebikers hanging out to dry when they discontinue motors, batterys and switch gear for our older ebikes.

For the heck of it, like you, I checked. And checked. Ebay USA, Germany, UK and Spain. Nothing. Craigslist: nothing. Though I am not on facebook, I can log into Facebook Marketplace for regions/areas around the country and in GA I found a Brose powered Atom commuting bike with the internal battery. A shade over 2200 dollars. You might be faced with the only remedy being to find an Atom Pro X and purchasing it for the ebike drive system and battery if you wish to keep what I percieve as a very little used ebike, going off the picture you've shown.

The only other alternative to buying an entire bike for parts, is to contact Brose and see what they have to say in trying to provide any kind of help for you. A shot in the dark it is, as you stated, BH tailors it's bike using components from that battery manufacturer in Taiwan and Brose, the engine manufacturer in Germany.

Specialized and Bulls also power their bikes with Brose, so worth a shot to shoot them an email too. I mean, at this point, you may have to Frankenstein that BH using a Brose drive system from another brand.

I know that up to last summer, Voltaire Cycles out of Verona, NJ had all kinds of parts and batteries for BH ebikes (I was in the market for another Yamaha 500wh battery and found their site). They have since cut down their supply. But maybe give them a call or email as well. Good luck, I feel for ya and let us know how this plays out for you.

We have communicated with Hi-Tech energy before and it is not trivial to let them supply OEM products to end-users because of liability reasons.
As much as I would like to help, I feel bad for you. Looking at all of this, we are thankful for the excellent support we receive from Bosch.
It is a shame that the US market is filled with eBay and cheaper batteries but does not have a strong supply of higher-quality batteries at a reasonable cost.
The quickest way would be to contact BH Spain directly and someone here posted their contact.

Edgar: I really feel for you as you have a premium, high end e-mountain bike that is rendered useless without a battery. I often wonder if this is the fate for all of us as high end manufacturers like Yamaha and Bosch leave early ebikers hanging out to dry when they discontinue motors, batterys and switch gear for our older ebikes.

For the heck of it, like you, I checked. And checked. Ebay USA, Germany, UK and Spain. Nothing. Craigslist: nothing. Though I am not on facebook, I can log into Facebook Marketplace for regions/areas around the country and in GA I found a Brose powered Atom commuting bike with the internal battery. A shade over 2200 dollars. You might be faced with the only remedy being to find an Atom Pro X and purchasing it for the ebike drive system and battery if you wish to keep what I percieve as a very little used ebike, going off the picture you've shown.

The only other alternative to buying an entire bike for parts, is to contact Brose and see what they have to say in trying to provide any kind of help for you. A shot in the dark it is, as you stated, BH tailors it's bike using components from that battery manufacturer in Taiwan and Brose, the engine manufacturer in Germany.

Specialized and Bulls also power their bikes with Brose, so worth a shot to shoot them an email too. I mean, at this point, you may have to Frankenstein that BH using a Brose drive system from another brand.

I know that up to last summer, Voltaire Cycles out of Verona, NJ had all kinds of parts and batteries for BH ebikes (I was in the market for another Yamaha 500wh battery and found their site). They have since cut down their supply. But maybe give them a call or email as well. Good luck, I feel for ya and let us know how this plays out for you.
Thanks again, Mike! I'll be sure to give Voltaire Cycles a call.

We have communicated with Hi-Tech energy before and it is not trivial to let them supply OEM products to end-users because of liability reasons.
As much as I would like to help, I feel bad for you. Looking at all of this, we are thankful for the excellent support we receive from Bosch.
It is a shame that the US market is filled with eBay and cheaper batteries but does not have a strong supply of higher-quality batteries at a reasonable cost.
The quickest way would be to contact BH Spain directly and someone here posted their contact.
Thanks for your input, Ravi. I appreciate you.

Hi Edgar. Well, doodling around on google and I have a link that you need to check out and verify: https://www.penuelbicycles.com/bh-battery-720wh-kit.html Penuel Bicycles in Inglewood, CA (I live in NJ but I think that town is in or near the greater LA area). It's listed as one in stock and it's $1275.00 for the battery, charger and some kind of bracket. Not too bad of a price considering the big wh's in that battery. Definitely need to ensure everything checks out & it's compatible with your Atom X. Hopefully, the listing is not dead. Give 'em a call & let me know how it works out for ya.

Look at some of my posts, prob in the BH area. Contact Lukasz Kuzniarz at BH in Spain. He got me a new axle under warranty last year about this time. I put his contact info in a post.

Hi Edgar. Well, doodling around on google and I have a link that you need to check out and verify: https://www.penuelbicycles.com/bh-battery-720wh-kit.html Penuel Bicycles in Inglewood, CA (I live in NJ but I think that town is in or near the greater LA area). It's listed as one in stock and it's $1275.00 for the battery, charger and some kind of bracket. Not too bad of a price considering the big wh's in that battery. Definitely need to ensure everything checks out & it's compatible with your Atom X. Hopefully, the listing is not dead. Give 'em a call & let me know how it works out for ya.
Hey Mike, Sorry for the late reply. I'm impressed with your research skills. Yeah, that was actually created for me. A day or so before I reached out to them, as BH stated they were still considered an authorized dealer. The CA shop created the link for the purchase of the battery charger and bracelet and then emailed me the link. I went ahead and made the purchase. So, now it's just the waiting game until the parts arrive at the bike shop in CA and then they will ship them on to me. They say if all goes well I should receive the parts by the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

Back