I got my Motive Shadow Yesterday

calvin

I asked the Bikers Edge shop (in Peoria Az) mechanics to give me their opinion of the bike minus the electronics. They said all of the components were "decent" and that there wasn't any "cheap stuff" on the bike. One of them took pictures of it, because a buddy of his wants to purchase an ebike.

The fit and finish of the bike is excellent. I could not find any scratches or dings of any sort. Although the frame is medium, the wheels are 700mm (27.55) inches. Everything was working as it should be. I cannot at this time complain about anything.

The bike is 6ft. in length. Using an ordinary digital bathroom scale, the weight on the front tire is 25lbs and the weight on the rear tire is 35lbs. I did not have two scales to work with, so I just shifted the scale back and forth. Two scales would have been better.

The ride quality was smooth, I did have to lean forward some to grasp the handlebar grips, I am 5' 9.5". As I twisted the throttle to the maximum and held it there, the bike accelerated quickly, up a certain speed which I won't mention. I weigh 170lbs. The battery I have is the 36 volt 15 amp hour extended range option. You do have a option to purchase a 48 volt 10 amp hour battery.

This not an off road bike, the tires are too narrow. However, I can certainly recommend this bike to anyone that wants to do in city commuting.

black-motiv-shadow-ebike.jpg motiv-shadow-electric-bike.jpg

Congratulations Calvin. :)
The bike looks great and stealth in black. Lot of fun times ahead !!

I like the flat black color and the "all black" option that you went with calvin, the bike is awesome looking. Indeed, the tires on the Shadow are narrower and a bit thinner than others so bumps and cracks are more noticeable (especially at high speed!) I'm wondering what you think of the little shock they put into the top of the fork? Also, did you add that mirror? Which one is it?

Congratulations. The Shadow is one of my favorites. Looks great, rides great, and it is powerful. I just wonder why you won't mention the speed that it will accelerate to. Did Motiv charge you for the twist throttle? Best of luck on an awesome bike.

The shock works, like you pointed out in your video. It will probably suffice for driving along well maintained streets or sidewalks. Anything more than that I think that I would want to upgrade. The mirror is from Walmart.

Congratulations. The Shadow is one of my favorites. Looks great, rides great, and it is powerful. I just wonder why you won't mention the speed that it will accelerate to. Did Motiv charge you for the twist throttle? Best of luck on an awesome bike.
It went up to 24 mph in throttle mode and was still accelerating and I chickened out. I not used to riding a bike that fast! It is also illegal. I think you may press closer to 30mph with the 48 volt battery. I may have to get one!

Great looking ride Calvin! Sounds like the Shadow will get up and go, no problem, with 36 volts. Really nice that you were able to get the throttle along with PAS. Good luck and enjoy.

The twist throttle was included in the price, contact Cameron for more info.

You know what... I think I just realized that the chain on your Motiv Shadow is on the left side of the frame instead of the right? Is this true calvin or was the image you posted flipped horizontally (or taken in a mirror?)

Check out the pictures in the full review and then look at the first image you posted above. What's going on here?!

Good catch Court....

We did a completely special build for him from the ground up, but I never heard of the company called "Vitom," the name on the seat..haha

Yea it looks like the photo was flipped horizontally.

You know what... I think I just realized that the chain on your Motiv Shadow is on the left side of the frame instead of the right? Is this true calvin or was the image you posted flipped horizontally (or taken in a mirror?)

Check out the pictures in the full review and then look at the first image you posted above. What's going on here?!
No I didn't flip the picture. The bike inverts itself. Some mornings the chain is on the right side and then other times on the left. Very disconcerting.

I almost did a google search for Vitcom bikes until I realized what you guys were talking about. Very funny. Calvin, perhaps you should give your shape shifting bike a name like Christine.

Yeah, with the reversed image that's what happens to Motiv = vitoM too bad I didn't notice that when looking at the picture the first time. I saw the letters but just thought, meh, must be a new saddle company?!

Back