I could wait no longer

Kivis

Seems like I have had a Specialized Vado SL 5.0 EQ on order at my LBS forever. So last Thursday I bite the bullet and bought a mail order bride, the Charge City Bike. It came in today with the promise from the company of a 10 minute assembly to get up and going. 18 minutes later I was out riding, not bad. Assembly was easy with no hiccups. At $1499 it is no Vado SL, but I can see having tons of fun with rig.

50350243161_1a285ab68e_c.jpg

Seems like I have had a Specialized Vado SL 5.0 EQ on order at my LBS forever. So last Thursday I bite the bullet and bought a mail order bride, the Charge City Bike.

It came in today with the promise from the company of a 10 minute assembly to get up and going. 18 minutes later I was out riding, not bad.

Assembly was easy with no hiccups. At $1499 it is no Vado SL, but I can see having tons of fun with rig.

Welcome to EBR and congratulations on your new eBike!

Every day on your new ride is a good day... ;)

Seems like I have had a Specialized Vado SL 5.0 EQ on order at my LBS forever. So last Thursday I bite the bullet and bought a mail order bride, the Charge City Bike. It came in today with the promise from the company of a 10 minute assembly to get up and going. 18 minutes later I was out riding, not bad. Assembly was easy with no hiccups. At $1499 it is no Vado SL, but I can see having tons of fun with rig.

Did you cancel your Specialized order? How long were you actually waiting?

Ordered very early August, now being told end of October, but originally I was told early Sept.

I’ve been waiting for Vado SL 4.0 for 2 months. Lbs had a red and black medium that was supposed to get here last month. The red one now is coming next February and the black one supposedly shipped last Monday. May end up waiting for the 2022 Vado SL next year.

How does the new bike ride? Does it have different features than the long awaited Vado? I see it is a hub motor, does it have a throttle? How big of a battery?

It is not as smooth as the Vado SL but what do you expect? It's 1/3 the price. Plenty of pep, 5 level assist plus a throttle which the Vado SL does not have. Battery being external can be taken off and charged indoors, that I like. Once on the bike, of course, it is tons of fun. If I decide to keep it (I am thinking I could easily sell it) I would maybe be in the market for a Kinekt suspension stem or even a seat-post, just to soften the ride a bit, but still its not bad at all. All in all, I think at $1350 it is a solid buy (I got the Labor day sale.)

So it shipped to you in less than a week? That's really good... I think they are East Coast.

What is the button/port just below the throttle?

So it shipped to you in less than a week? That's really good... I think they are East Coast.

What is the button/port just below the throttle?
A horn and a damn loud one, not a tinkerbell. BTW keep in mind this is a 20 MPH top speed. Just saying....

Also I might add that at 45 lbs it is pretty easy to pick up. I put it on my back end rack on my SUV (took the battery off first). It was very easy.

@Kivis are you still riding the Charge City? I am shopping budget and lightweight so it checks those boxes. I am also test driving a like new Propella 7 speed this weekend.

Back