HydroDipped my new frame.

ruffruff

Got this back from the graphics/hydrodipper. The camo is Kuiu Verde 2.0 enlarged pattern.
It's going to get the the Shimano Steps e8000 motor.
I'm putting the frame together tomorrow and then get serious about specing it out.

I'll post progress picts.

dip.jpeg

Definitely Shimano. SRAM supply chain not nearly as good as Shimano right now.
I was going to go Di2 but decided against it, Really don't need it for a snow/hunting bike, and another battery to worry about in cold weather.

Whats on there:
Shimano Steps EP8 motor
Manitou Mastodon Pro fork
34 teeth front 52 rear
203mm rotor
Lamere 26" 32 hole carbon rims
White Onyx hubs

Last edited:
Nice build, was this an existing ebike that your just rebuilding or a new frameset your building up.

If a new frameset, where did you get it?

How did you source the shimano EP8

Nice build, was this an existing ebike that your just rebuilding or a new frameset your building up.

If a new frameset, where did you get it?

How did you source the shimano EP8
I should probably come clean, but please I'm not here to advertise!!! I've been a member long before this! I just wanted to share.

I should start with kind of a funny story. I had a Biktrix fat tire and I like to ride all winter in Mn.
One day I was out on a trail and I fell off and was laying in the snow catching my breath. This guy comes up and asks if I'm OK and we start talking. I told him I'm an engineering/tech teacher and am retiring in June.

He asked me what I'm doing when I retire and I said "nothing". Just so happns he's the owner of a bike shop and asked if I was willing to stop by the shop and talk as they were needing help. I said sure.
After talking with the all the staff I said "Sure, I'd give this a shot, besides my wife wants me out of the house!"

Well, there's my first build!
So to answer your question, I work at a shop. (It's on the rims😁).

It's going to Wisconsin this weekend for it's maiden woodsy voyage! I'll post pictures of it in the wild! If I don't lose it.

Back