Hydra has landed!

Great to hear it all works! My M9000 shifter came in and I was able to set it up on the bike with the derailleur and from another thread it looks like my X1 should be in the next round of orders, as always just waiting on motors. Honestly if a stick or twig would fly up into it with enough oomf to cause big damage I would also be worried about my spokes or any other derailleur to be quite honest. The higher end ones are all aluminums or composite anyway. Plus you'll still look fuckin' sick even if you do eat it :cool:

The Garbaruk cage has solved 80% (?) of the skipping issues and WW has the smaller cassette on the way so I’m in good shape. People need to appreciate that the bling of that green Garbaruk makes up for a lot of twigs 😉

I'm going to drag this up again, sorry in advance. My Hydra has been skipping in gears 7-11 like crazy recently. It's only got around 200 miles on it so far. I've replaced the chain with a KMC e11, moved the chain ring to the outside of the spider, and added 2mm spacers. This improved the chain line visually but I still get skipping under power.

I have not upgraded the cage or derailleur, although it was next on my list. I then took a closer look at the cassette and noticed this:

Looks pretty bent to me. The spacing seems off on a couple of the gears too. I ordered a replacement, went with a Sunrace as I saw that recommended for BBSHD middrives. Hoping that fixes my issues. I'll update once it's installed.

I'm going to drag this up again, sorry in advance. My Hydra has been skipping in gears 7-11 like crazy recently. It's only got around 200 miles on it so far. I've replaced the chain with a KMC e11, moved the chain ring to the outside of the spider, and added 2mm spacers. This improved the chain line visually but I still get skipping under power.

I have not upgraded the cage or derailleur, although it was next on my list. I then took a closer look at the cassette and noticed this:

Looks pretty bent to me. The spacing seems off on a couple of the gears too. I ordered a replacement, went with a Sunrace as I saw that recommended for BBSHD middrives. Hoping that fixes my issues. I'll update once it's installed.
WW sent me a new cassette when I asked them about chain skipping, though they sent me a Shimano SLX 11-40T which would've been fine if it had a 46T or 50T. I ended up using the three smallest cogs from the Shimano and then keeping the rest of the Sunrace cassette on there.

I'd recommend upgrading either the cage, derailleur, or the derailleur hanger. The Shimano RD 8130 (https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-DEORE-XT-RD-M8130-SGS-11-Speed-Rear-Derailleur), the Garbaruk cage, and the Wolftooth Goat Link are all good options. I've got the Garbaruk cage and the Wolftooth link. Most of my issues are solved, but to be honest I think I just need to remove a link out of my chain because it's still super slack in the highest gear with the B-screw tension adjusted to the point that it wraps enough around the 11t cog.

Back