Hydra cassette drive train .

Pushkar, upgrading your product without charge is a great thing and we appreciate it, but it has nothing to do with what happened here.
Why didn't you just keep the bike until the correct components were available?

It make NO SENSE to send out a bike with incorrect components and then tell us you plan on sending out the correct components at a later date when they become available.
Can you not see this?

Please don't ship the two Helios bikes I ordered until you have all of the correct components installed.

Pushkar, upgrading your product without charge is a great thing and we appreciate it, but it has nothing to do with what happened here.
Why didn't you just keep the bike until the correct components were available?

It make NO SENSE to send out a bike with incorrect components and then tell us you plan on sending out the correct components at a later date when they become available.
Can you not see this?

Please don't ship the two Helios bikes I ordered until you have all of the correct components installed.
I agree or he should have informed you what was going on and ask. but stuff happens and at least he is going to make it right.

Last edited:
Yes.... one missed step. If that would have been me and I was contacted and asked if I wanted the bike ready to ride now and proper components when they get in, I would have probably opted for that.

These are extraordinary times to be trying to build a brand folks, unprecedented product shortages are not his fault, patience is required. Pushkar has been doing everything in his power to deliver as promised. He's trying to get people riding, and absorbing the additional costs to do so. Be happy that Pushkar has shown himself to be a man of principle, he will make things right.

Yes.... one missed step. If that would have been me and I was contacted and asked if I wanted the bike ready to ride now and proper components when they get in, I would have probably opted for that.
yes. 100% have to do a call and confirm before we ship.

We are sending build pics - that is a good step but not enough.

Also - apologies for the strongly worded responses earlier. There are a lot of behind the scenes stuff and a lot of coffee was had.

We want to deliver the best bike we can make. I apologize for mixups. We will try our hardest to NOT do those, and in the chance we do, we will fix it / resolve it.

It seems there are people here that are living in two entirely different worlds. The feigned indignity of receiving a bike with parts that are not what you ordered when there is a worldwide shortage of everything after everyone has been on Pushkar to get these things out as soon as possible.. Other bike makers are just telling people to sit on it and spin. Pushkar has gone out of his way having things air freighted and upgrading at little or no charge and nobody here is saying thank you. if you don’t think Pushkar is by far the most honest and communicative man along with offering the best deal on any current US ebike manufacturer I suggest you go read some of the other forums. pushkar cannot give you what he does not have. Take a breath and think about the world as a whole and what exactly is possible. I’m sure if you want no substitutions Pushkar will make that happen for you it will just take more than a little longer. How much longer? Again go to some of the other forums and see what is happening in the world.
——
[Edited by Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
BarnBoy, while it is not clear what your angle is with Watt Wagons (you seemed to have parachuted out of nowhere to be become a Watt Wagons sales rep/Pushkar defender), you clearly have lost all credibility. To suggest that delivery of a bike with inferior components is no big deal because the consumer can simply just go out and buy the promised premium component is preposterous. This is a big deal, yes, worthy of come foul language. As a Helios "founder", I'm still waiting on a bike I paid for over a year ago, Pushkar has not given us regular updates as he promised (and e-mails/forum posts often go unanswered), and now we have to worry about our bikes being shipped with the wrong (inferior) components. This is not good.
Suggested reading below since you are so interested. The real funny part is the post just above this response…..
-BB

Post in thread 'The "UNOFFICIAL" Helios FAQ thread....'
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/the-unofficial-helios-faq-thread.41497/post-402664

WW Covid revised mission statement
  • Build and deliver a totally customized, world class e-bike made from scarce parts that are manufactured in various parts of a disease ridden globe.
WW Covid revised client mission statement
  • Daily remind @pushkar to build and deliver a totally customized, world class e-bike made from scarce parts that are manufactured in various parts of a disease ridden globe... perfectly
yes i do #1089 6/2/2020... Veteran Mellower :cool:

It seems to me there are multiple principles at play and we are in danger of typing about them as all blended.

Customers deserve what they pay for and was agreed to. Pushkar would champion that before anyone.

If a customer gets something other it should only be by agreement, and said customer has a right to bring it up. Thats where this thread started. Pushkar already acknowledgeed this above.

I think Pushkar has been doing too much and promising/giving too much for his and WW's own good. What he has promised and given I'm sure he'll deliver if at all possible - that's the past. Going forward I think he may need to have tighter boundaries for himself and WW to be in good shape long term. We all want him to do well by himself too.

If someone doesn't start a thread to this effect by the time I'm done work I will.

[Edited by Moderator]

My thumb has to get back to making $$ for Hydra payments now. :)

This would be upsetting for sure, but it sounds like testing components slipped through the cracks, that should have been removed and replaced with the upgrades.
At least Pushkar is owning it, an honest mistake, I don't think anybody believes he was trying to cut corners and save money and rip this customer off.

I think this will cause him to initiate I final product check for the parts production specifications on all his Ebikes and confirm it with the customer via phone or email, BEFORE shipping.
This may cause delays in shipping but be worth the correct results for all buyers, and stop disappointed posts like this from this particular buyer.
There is a learning curve as he scales up, and maybe he didn't even miss it, maybe one of his new employee's did. I am training a new employee right now and mistakes do happen, but they are getting better and they are learning from them, of course the customers that are in involved in these mistakes are not too happy....such is life, it is what it is.

Most have probably seen my thread from yesterday after I went in to San Antonio to get my Hydra. You may have noticed that I am over the moon in love with my new bike. 🤣 Yea, I got the replacement derailleur. The only thing wrong with it is I don't get the ego boost of some fancy name brand being printed on it. It shifts like a dream and the controls, to my mind, are actually superior to my Shimano that I have on my other bike. I warrant it will hold up fine. If It doesn't I know Pushkar will make it good. I also did not get the saddle or the grips I wanted but was informed of that before hand. They just were not available for Pushkar. I AM a major Wattwagons fan boy and will remain so. 👍👍👍👍👍

Most have probably seen my thread from yesterday after I went in to San Antonio to get my Hydra. You may have noticed that I am over the moon in love with my new bike. 🤣 Yea, I got the replacement derailleur. The only thing wrong with it is I don't get the ego boost of some fancy name brand being printed on it. It shifts like a dream and the controls, to my mind, are actually superior to my Shimano that I have on my other bike. I warrant it will hold up fine. If It doesn't I know Pushkar will make it good. I also did not get the saddle or the grips I wanted but was informed of that before hand. They just were not available for Pushkar. I AM a major Wattwagons fan boy and will remain so. 👍👍👍👍👍
You got the 11 speed right?

I’m gutting the drive train that came on my bike. Tomorrow it’s getting pulled off and replaced with a Shimano XT 10 speed setup I have in my parts stash. The chain will be a KMC Ebike rated 10 speed chain. I want to ride my bike and right now I have about four useable gears.

I’m gutting the drive train that came on my bike. Tomorrow it’s getting pulled off and replaced with a Shimano XT 10 speed setup I have in my parts stash. The chain will be a KMC Ebike rated 10 speed chain. I want to ride my bike and right now I have about four useable gears.
When you say only four useable gears are you saying it's not shifting properly or that the existing cogs are not ratios you prefer?

When you say only four useable gears are you saying it's not shifting properly or that the existing cogs are not ratios you prefer?
My bike shifts like ****. Pushkar and I have already worked everything out offline so a fix is coming. In the meantime I have the parts and the knowledge to fix the bike so that’s what I’m going to do so I can ride it to its full potential and enjoy it.

Back