HT 1000

Check out the handlebar on this one. The thing that at first looks like a water bottle is the battery.

Attachments

• PublicV7Display&Trigger.JPG
    PublicV7Display&Trigger.JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 264
  • PublicV7Electric.JPG
    PublicV7Electric.JPG
    569.4 KB · Views: 280
I ended up cutting almost 3 inches off of each end of my handlebars. It's much more comfortable now, but a little crowded with shifters and controls. My wrists remain in a neutral position, not rotated to either side which makes me feel a lot more stable and in control when cruising at max speed.

Attachments

• AFDH8386.JPG
    AFDH8386.JPG
    694.1 KB · Views: 305
My Ht1000 just arrived after 6+ months. First questions is.. how do you charge and remove the battery? There doesn't appear to be a place to plug the charger head into the battery and when I use the key to turn the lock to unlock.. the battery doesn't budge?

My Ht1000 just arrived after 6+ months. First questions is.. how do you charge and remove the battery? There doesn't appear to be a place to plug the charger head into the battery and when I use the key to turn the lock to unlock.. the battery doesn't budge?
I do not know this bike. I looked at photos online. You should be able to charge the battery on the bike. look for a little rubber flap by the underside of the battery. Lift it and plug in. It should unlock at the furthest position either left or right. Then lift out. I wish I could be of more help. Let us know and with photos when you figure it out.

Congrats on receiving your HT! It's an awesome ride. The charging port is at the bottom of the battery housing, just above the motor on the left side. There's a little rubber dust cap that you have to pry out with your fingernail.
Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 272
I installed a shock absorbing dropper post over the weekend. PNW Coast Suspension Dropper Post with internal cable routing (31.6mm post diameter $197 Amazon). Jagwire dropper post pro cable kit, Salsa frame plug, Wolftooth dropper post lever. It took about an hour to cut and file the hole to shape in the lower part of the seat tube based on watching some vids on YT, then another 45 mins to rig the cabling. The system works great and it's well worth the expense. I can now lower my saddle to put a foot down on the pavement at intersections which is a total time saver for getting off the mark in traffic without having to get up and down from the saddle. The supplied saddle is comfortable, bit a bit too grippy, so it tends to catch my shorts in the crotch when I slide on and off of it. It takes a bit of practice to get the right trigger sequence between the throttle and seat post levers, but it's pretty second nature now. It pops up pretty fast, and I have to pay attention that I don't get it too hard in the little guys down there. :cool:
The suspension function doesn't add that much cush on rough pavement, so it's not really a replacement for full suspension if you need that. I'm good without it.

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 298
Congrats on receiving your HT! It's an awesome ride. The charging port is at the bottom of the battery housing, just above the motor on the left side. There's a little rubber dust cap that you have to pry out with your fingernail.
Cheers, Steve
LOL I cant believe I missed it tucked down in that little corner! Thanks Steve! One other question; is your motor pretty audible? I'm coming from an Aventon Level where the motor is whisper quiet and this one sounds a bit like a dirt bike so I wasn't sure if that was commonplace or not? I haven't heard or ridden a bafang before so not sure what to expect in that regard.

But so far so good, it was suppper easy to put together and the build quality is fantastic.

LOL I cant believe I missed it tucked down in that little corner! Thanks Steve! One other question; is your motor pretty audible? I'm coming from an Aventon Level where the motor is whisper quiet and this one sounds a bit like a dirt bike so I wasn't sure if that was commonplace or not? I haven't heard or ridden a bafang before so not sure what to expect in that regard.

But so far so good, it was suppper easy to put together and the build quality is fantastic.
Y'know, my motor was a little louder than I expected when I first rode it, but it doesn't seem that loud when I ride next to my wife on her Specialized Turbo Como. I'm used to it now and it doesn't seem to be changing in loudness. Where are you riding? I think I remember that you were going to be using your HT as a commuter like I do. Get used to having your range fluctuate a LOT depending on how hard you push it. I can leave home with 90 percent in the tank and get back after the 12 mile round trip to work and back with about 10 percent left. That's pretty miserable to most, but it includes some long and aggressive climbs with PAS 5 and lots of throttle at 30mph in downtown seattle traffic. It really sucks it up the battery, sort of like standing on the gas pedal of a V8 wide open full time. On the flip side, I went on an easy ride with my wife, toodling along in PAS 1 on mostly flat country roads. My battery level only dropped from 100 down to around 65 after 20 miles, so the takeaway is that mileage WILL vary. I have less anxiety now, after a couple of trips to and from work, but I always carry my charger, just in case :cool: ! I hope you'll have as much fun as I have been and look forward to hearing more about your experience with it. Cheers, ~Steve

Y'know, my motor was a little louder than I expected when I first rode it, but it doesn't seem that loud when I ride next to my wife on her Specialized Turbo Como. I'm used to it now and it doesn't seem to be changing in loudness. Where are you riding? I think I remember that you were going to be using your HT as a commuter like I do. Get used to having your range fluctuate a LOT depending on how hard you push it. I can leave home with 90 percent in the tank and get back after the 12 mile round trip to work and back with about 10 percent left. That's pretty miserable to most, but it includes some long and aggressive climbs with PAS 5 and lots of throttle at 30mph in downtown seattle traffic. It really sucks it up the battery, sort of like standing on the gas pedal of a V8 wide open full time. On the flip side, I went on an easy ride with my wife, toodling along in PAS 1 on mostly flat country roads. My battery level only dropped from 100 down to around 65 after 20 miles, so the takeaway is that mileage WILL vary. I have less anxiety now, after a couple of trips to and from work, but I always carry my charger, just in case :cool: ! I hope you'll have as much fun as I have been and look forward to hearing more about your experience with it. Cheers, ~Steve
Which battery do you have? I have also been a little nervous about the noise level...

Which battery do you have? I have also been a little nervous about the noise level...
Listen to the motors in these two vids of some Frey Ex's

...or any other vid you find when you search for Frey EX (there are more than on HT1000). You can hear a good representation of what the motor sounds like. It's definitely a whine, but not objectionable, IMO. I'm curious about how much quieter the motor will be if the motor is repacked with higher quality grease than what is supplied by the mfr. There are lots of videos of the procedure.

Listen to the motors in these two vids of some Frey Ex's

...or any other vid you find when you search for Frey EX (there are more than on HT1000). You can hear a good representation of what the motor sounds like. It's definitely a whine, but not objectionable, IMO. I'm curious about how much quieter the motor will be if the motor is repacked with higher quality grease than what is supplied by the mfr. There are lots of videos of the procedure.
Thank you for these links! They are pretty accurate i'd say. The motor has quieted "some" after a few rides. The first time out, I did have the plastic still over the grills and didn't realize it, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it also. But its far more tolerable now either way but still a bit louder than the Aventon Level for example (different motors I know lol).

I'm also really enjoying the bike! Its quick on quick on quick. and ECO mode is really all you need imo. I went on a 20-mile ride earlier, using a pretty even mix of throttle and pedal assist and came back with 50% battery. I haven't done any tweaks to the settings yet but may leave that to watt wagons tbh. It's a really fun, tight handling and overall solid machine and the acceleration is just insane.

Attachments

• 20210519_164038.jpg
    20210519_164038.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 303
  • 20210519_164043.jpg
    20210519_164043.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 293
  • 20210519_164045.jpg
    20210519_164045.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20210519_232352.jpg
    IMG_20210519_232352.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20210519_232403.jpg
    IMG_20210519_232403.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_20210519_232423.jpg
    IMG_20210519_232423.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20210519_232504.jpg
    IMG_20210519_232504.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20210522_181813.jpg
    IMG_20210522_181813.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20210522_181817.jpg
    IMG_20210522_181817.jpg
    964.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_20210522_181823.jpg
    IMG_20210522_181823.jpg
    899.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20210522_181834.jpg
    IMG_20210522_181834.jpg
    948.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20210522_181841.jpg
    IMG_20210522_181841.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 295
Thank you for these links! They are pretty accurate i'd say. The motor has quieted "some" after a few rides. The first time out, I did have the plastic still over the grills and didn't realize it, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it also. But its far more tolerable now either way but still a bit louder than the Aventon Level for example (different motors I know lol).

I'm also really enjoying the bike! Its quick on quick on quick. and ECO mode is really all you need imo. I went on a 20-mile ride earlier, using a pretty even mix of throttle and pedal assist and came back with 50% battery. I haven't done any tweaks to the settings yet but may leave that to watt wagons tbh. It's a really fun, tight handling and overall solid machine and the acceleration is just insane.
Nice set up! I like your fenders, what kind do you have? I have a set of Planet Bike Cascadia fenders that were a little problematic to install, mainly due to clearance under the front suspension arch. I like the "soft" frame ties that you fenders have. How do you like the HT compared to your Aventon?

Nice set up! I like your fenders, what kind do you have? I have a set of Planet Bike Cascadia fenders that were a little problematic to install, mainly due to clearance under the front suspension arch. I like the "soft" frame ties that you fenders have. How do you like the HT compared to your Aventon?
Thanks! They're two of the MuckyNuts "long": https://www.amazon.com/Mucky-Nutz-M...d=1&keywords=Mucky+Nuts&qid=1621911917&sr=8-4. I didn't like the look or utility of the factor fenders so wanted to try something different. They're pretty solid if attached tightly enough.

I like the HT a bit better than the Aventon now that I've gotten used to the ride. The seat is pretty terrible, and the gearing is way too limited for how fast it is, but it's a rocket and its a really tight ride. You feel locked into the saddle. The motor noise is a bit of a bother coming from the Aventon where its such a pleasant "hum" when you accelerate, but its not a deal breaker, and for some reason the battery is MUCH better on the HT (48V) when it should be the same. But I dont think the aventon has an "eco" mode.

The Aventon I would recommend for most bikers, as its imo like a Honda Accord. Its smooth, consistent, sometimes sporty, but mostly solid and predictable but still a fun ride On hills its just ok and on some hills.. kinda rough lol. The throttle is usable on flat ground, but otherwise not really of much use, but its a very strong PAS bike. So if you want to get a workout AND go fast.. its a great option.

The Frey is like a GTR. The top speed is probably about the same or a lil more than the Aventon, but it gets to its top speed MUCH quicker. Its probably best modded but by default is still a blur on the road and handles pretty well for such a big bike. The throttle is very strong and its just overall alot more fun tbh because you can bike over anything with it lol. The Aventon is best on pavement ive noticed. But both have their places for sure.

There's an amazing difference in height between your two bikes too. I still haven't gotten comfortable laying it over on fast turns because I feel so high and the knobby tread on my Maxxis Ikon tires feel like they're on the edge of letting go on pavement. I hope to switch them out with something akin to the Moto-X's. Nice to not have to worry about pedal strikes though!

There's an amazing difference in height between your two bikes too. I still haven't gotten comfortable laying it over on fast turns because I feel so high and the knobby tread on my Maxxis Ikon tires feel like they're on the edge of letting go on pavement. I hope to switch them out with something akin to the Moto-X's. Nice to not have to worry about pedal strikes though!
I feel the same way.. I prefer the height of the Aventon tbh. The handle bars on the HT are also super long. Debating replacing them actually.

I feel the same way.. I prefer the height of the Aventon tbh. The handle bars on the HT are also super long. Debating replacing them actually.
I agree about handlebar width and used a pipe cutter to take off about 2 1/2” or so off of each end. They’re much more comfortable now. I'm planning to replace the bars anyway with a no-rise straight bar, to improve ride position and wind drag. I gotta say, though, that the dropper post has been the best addition so far.

I agree about handlebar width and used a pipe cutter to take off about 2 1/2” or so off of each end. They’re much more comfortable now. I'm planning to replace the bars anyway with a no-rise straight bar, to improve ride position and wind drag. I gotta say, though, that the dropper post has been the best addition so far.
Oh that's geeenius.. I may have a local shop do that as well. The Aventon is about 27" which I find to be perfect for this type of bike.

What does a dropper post(seat or handlebars?) for normal commutes? Or is it moreso for off-road?

Well, dropper posts were originally for off roaders that do a lot of technical terrain where they don't want their saddle to interfere with the control of the bike when it's bumping all around.
Where it helps me is whenever I have to stop - at intersections, stop lights, traffic, etc. At my normal saddle height, my foot is about 4 inches off the ground which forces me to get out of the saddle to stand with the bike. Now, all I have to do is trigger the lever and my saddle drops down with me on it so that I can put my foot down without getting off. It's one less thing to manage as traffic begins to move again and I can jump with the the traffic flow right away. I just pop the seat back up when I want to get going. I usually stand on the pedal when I'm ready to go, hit the trigger to pop the seat, then kick the throttle. It's super quick now.
The other thing, too, is that the stock saddle is really grippy, so sliding on and off it is not very easy. It always grabs my shorts, ...that sounded weird...

The PNW Cascade post also has air suspension, so it takes up some road shock from the hard tail. It's pretty subtle, but effective.

Back