How to remove Omni on ST2s

mstraxs

I'm in the middle of stripping down my ST2s to replace this Torque Sensor Cable. I have the battery box out and traced the cable back to where it shoots up to the Omni Controller. Any idea how to get the controller screen removed safely?

Mark

the on off button on the bottom. The outside ring is a twisted to the left and unscrews, the whole assembly comes out the top.

I replaced my St-2 bad Omni at one point and then changed over to a new
Omni C. The Stromer folks helped out big time by sending the new
Omni C, along with instructions and sent me the tool needed to remove the turn button on the bottom of the down tube on my Stromer. They were great with my help and very appreciative of all of their help

Thanks both. I managed to get it off today. However when i refitted everything I have obviously damaged it somehow as now when you press the screen it only registers the icons at the far right. For instance I cant select the menu button and instead the move icon operates. Same with trying to enter the unlock password. Luckily I can unlock with the phone app.
@smitty, can your ecall how much the Omni C upgrade was? Did you have to update anything else or did Omin C work straight away? I guess its just a case of switching over the attached cables?

I think the Omni C upgrade was in the neighborhood of $550. The folks (Stromer) that sent it to me made sure that it was all setup on their side, but I decided after having done an earlier one on the old Omni that I would have my son ( an engineer) put it in. He was very good at it, and it worked perfectly off of his work. I realized that, I could have repeated doing it once more. He taped some of the replugs, just to make sure that there would be no slippage once it was replaced and has worked perfectly since...

I ordered an Omni C from my dealer in early January and hope it will be here soon. I plan to swap it myself as the closest Stromer dealer is 200 miles away. I replaced a faulty motor control cable myself when the original one failed during the first week I had the bike, so I am not worried that I will be able to do it, but I am wondering if anyone has taken photos or made a video showing the procedure. When I changed the motor control cable I had a YouTube video of the whole process on an iPad on my bike stand. It made it a lot easier.

Even if no one has documented it in pictures, can someone offer any suggestions or warnings if there is anything I need to be aware of? I don’t have the tool, although I did find instructions to make a single use DIY tool on a Dutch Stromer forum and I can make that work. If anyone has a tool they would willing to sell (rent?) I would be interested in that as well. I am really starting to get excite for the upcoming bike season and I want to have everything on my ST2 ready when the last glaciers move off the roads up here inVermont.

Thanks!

Call them at Stromer and see if they would be willing to send the "tool". It is just a plastic button with the pins on one side that allows you to remove the button under the battery, so you would have one. They will also send you a sheet on the removal and reinstall of the Omni. It turns out that from what you have explained above in regard to the motor control cable you redid, you will not have any problems. It is pretty straight forward, but a diagram might be helpful just as a check. Just explain to them where you live and how far away that you are from anyone that can do work on Stromer"s. I have a similar problem with the closest for me would be NYC, which I have no interest in going down there. I spent 42 years teaching up at JSC (now Northern Vermont University). I now live in central NY.

Call them at Stromer and see if they would be willing to send the "tool".

Yes, the "tool" - also heavily discussed at stromerforum.ch Some users created their own tools; but keep in mind, the new OMNI has to be activated. Here in Switzerland, this could only be done by an authorised dealer.

1583155889597.png

Thanks for all your replies to this thread and we have perhaps now gone a little off subject as is normal. I am going to carry on this chat but open a new thread.

Great advice here. I'm have a new 4G OMNI unit that I'm planning to install myself. Could someone post the diagram they got from Stromer on this forum?

Back