How to know when Creo firmware update is available?

kattanm

As best I can tell, the firmware of the bike cannot be updated by the end user. The dealer must do this. I'm just wondering if there's a way to even know when an update is available? Do you just have to ask your dealer to check periodically when you bring in the bike for service?

As best I can tell, the firmware of the bike cannot be updated by the end user. The dealer must do this. I'm just wondering if there's a way to even know when an update is available? Do you just have to ask your dealer to check periodically when you bring in the bike for service?
My understanding from LBS and Specialized is either LBS at the time of service or by special request or send a note to Riders Care at Specialized with your serial number (if you have registered they have the info) and the will tell you if you are due for any update.
The Battery FW is a mystery. They will tell you no update is available but other friends have newer version. If/when you ask from dealer or Specialized about battery version and why yours is older no one will respond.
Haha....such a life.
These days the whole game has changed and no one is available to answer.
You might get lucky if you know a knowledgeable LBS.

anyone here have a version history of creo fw?

year released - fw version - whats the update about?

anyone here have a version history of creo fw?

year released - fw version - whats the update about?
Specialized does not release "update notes" to say what has changed. But in regard to the initial posts in this thread, the Mission Control app (for phones) will show the current version and indicate that an update is available. Currently, it still has to be done at a lbs and make sure to bring any Ranger Extender battery or batteries!

Specialized does not release "update notes" to say what has changed. But in regard to the initial posts in this thread, the Mission Control app (for phones) will show the current version and indicate that an update is available. Currently, it still has to be done at a lbs and make sure to bring any Ranger Extender battery or batteries!
It’s easy to miss, but Mission Control does provide update notes (tap the ? button on the updates page). Oddly though, it appears the latest motor firmware doesn’t apply to the Creo.

Release notes:
1655743568411.jpeg

My Creo’s firmware status. Note the motor firmware is shown as current, but is the previous version.
1655743637032.jpeg

Last edited:
Oddly though, it appears the latest motor firmware doesn’t apply to the Creo.
It is because firmware is specifically intended for given motor make/model. The firmware update is available for some Specialized/Brose motors but it is irrelevant to the Specialized/Mahle motor used on SL ebikes.

It is because firmware is specifically intended for given motor make/model. The firmware update is available for some Specialized/Brose motors but it is irrelevant to the Specialized/Mahle motor used on SL ebikes.
Yes, I’m certain you’re correct. It is odd though, that they would provide Creo owners with update notes regarding other models.

Also, I just really wish they’d update the Creo, if it would provide better use of the last bit of battery. I’d hate to think about seeing 15% remaining near the end of a long ride, and having to work even harder at that point, when being exhausted. Maybe it’s coming soon. Of course, realistically, 15% probably wouldn’t last long at that point either.

Back