How to find replacement Creo crank arms?

kattanm

I would like to experiment with some different lengths. Exactly which arms do I purchase? There are many Praxis arms out there…

Any square taper crank arm will work IF you have a square taper axle. Can you confirm what you have? Praxis has a number of products. Some have integrated crank arm and chainrings as a single piece.

Any square taper crank arm will work IF you have a square taper axle. Can you confirm what you have? Praxis has a number of products. Some have integrated crank arm and chainrings as a single piece.
what?

the interface on these cranks is not a square taper.

praxis offers a couple lengths in both aluminum or carbon:

the chainrings are not attached to the crank, nor is the spider. they self extract from the motor, a very easy swap.

what?

the chainrings are not attached to the crank, nor is the spider. they self extract from the motor, a very easy swap.
ah, great. I have the carbon ones and had only seen those as the option. That's a pricey experiment for something I might not like. but these alloys will be perfect! video on how to swap? does the power reading get messed up or something if i don't tighten to just the right torque?

ah, great. I have the carbon ones and had only seen those as the option. That's a pricey experiment for something I might not like. but these alloys will be perfect! video on how to swap? does the power reading get messed up or something if i don't tighten to just the right torque?
the power “meter” in the SL motor isn’t in the crank arm, so i can’t imagine it matters! i haven’t seen a video but they come with instructions. you just need a socket wrench with the appropriate size hex bit, i can’t remember offhand but it’s not an exotic size. of course it’s best to do with with a torque wrench, but probably not essential. just make it tight.

what?

Too easy to swap - the left for the right, that is. As I've written before, my bike shop accidentally swapped my left/right and thereby also wrongly swapped my spd pedals which don't like to release when backwards!!!!

The instructions are on the Praxis web site. The cranks for a Specialized "SL1.1" Motor - The SL motor use a black alloy Praxis M30 spline spindle. Unfortunately the alloy arms seem to be out of stock but for some reason they have carbon in stock.

It is similar to the ISIS spline spindles. I recommend the use of a torque wrench to attach properly. If they are too loose you can ruin the fit of the crank and it will eventually deform and never seat properly or stay tight until you buy a new crank. I learned the hard way on another bike with spline spindles.

The Praxis website is fairly good to show Specialized 1.1. I swapped from the alloy Praxis arms over to carbon, on the same length 175mm. The carbon ones have a lower Q factor, as they do not stick out, meaning a narrower bike. Feeling quite wide was one of the few things I disliked about my Creo and the carbon cranks fixed this. The Levo uses the same cranks, but at a short length, typically 165 and 170mm. Here in the un the UK, I can see a few cranks listed from time to time of different lengths, mainly alloy.

I'd like to swap the spider on my creo so I can use SRAM x-sync chain rings. Anybody know where I can find a spider to replace the one that came with the Shimano setup?

I'd like to swap the spider on my creo so I can use SRAM x-sync chain rings. Anybody know where I can find a spider to replace the one that came with the Shimano setup?
Search the technical details of the current model Creo's with 12 spd SRAM and see what they use.

Search the technical details of the current model Creo's with 12 spd SRAM and see what they use.
Yup- spent hours doing that and pouring over the manuals and diagrams. Unfortunately didn’t get to some sort of a part number.

Off to the the LBS - they probably have some insights

The Praxis website is fairly good to show Specialized 1.1. I swapped from the alloy Praxis arms over to carbon, on the same length 175mm. The carbon ones have a lower Q factor, as they do not stick out, meaning a narrower bike. Feeling quite wide was one of the few things I disliked about my Creo and the carbon cranks fixed this. The Levo uses the same cranks, but at a short length, typically 165 and 170mm. Here in the un the UK, I can see a few cranks listed from time to time of different lengths, mainly alloy.
Hi, I'm very interested to hear what carbon crank you got for the Specialize 1.1 from Praxis because the M30 spline all have 182mm Q-factor

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 82
I have the Praxis M30 175mm carbon and they did feel narrow to me as soon as I fitted them. As you will see in the photo, I have laid the alloy one next to the fixed in place carbon and the alloy does go further out

Attachments

• 0G6A7124a.JPG
    0G6A7124a.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 107
Back