How to clean your chain the eMTB version (Assisted cleaning)

Ewwwww, turning the crank is too much work! Besides, Haibike walk assist does not work in USA.

it is interesting but the placement of the oil in the chain ... do it in the cassette, where the chain goes, so you make yourself much better and more comfortably that you do it well, you can do it as in the video with the walk mode whenever Be careful that you do not have clothes that get caught in moving components. sometimes it is much better to just use a rag and remove the excess dirt without using the water.
To have an excessively clean chain requires touch above all so that the water does not enter the link ... after the water enters the oil that does not enter. Oxidizing it and turning it rigid causing even breaker defects and wearing plate and cassette
beware degreasers or the application of wd-40 ballistol, etc., if you apply them, you undo the protection of chain oil and then re-apply the oil in conditions the oils float on the surface of the water.
This cleaning device is fine, it can be improved by placing a small magnet inside that attracts the metal particles stuck to the chain by wear, etc.

The best thing I purchased was an XPower A-2 Pro air blower, Amazon, $50. I use it to blow out left over cleaning fluid within the chain links after using the park tool scrubber before applying any oil. There is usually enough cleaning fluid being blown out within the links to make me wonder if the chain oil is really working effectively before I purchased the blower.

I also use the blower to dry my eMTB after washing it because there are a lot places for water to hide and sit after a good wash. I even started using the blower after washing my cars because I hate getting those runs, drips, and water streaks that come out from everywhere afterwards when you start driving.

air blower.jpg

Not sure if you saw on the intro, there is a neodymium magnet and it's stronger than the one included with park tool.

it is interesting but the placement of the oil in the chain ... do it in the cassette, where the chain goes, so you make yourself much better and more comfortably that you do it well, you can do it as in the video with the walk mode whenever Be careful that you do not have clothes that get caught in moving components. sometimes it is much better to just use a rag and remove the excess dirt without using the water.
To have an excessively clean chain requires touch above all so that the water does not enter the link ... after the water enters the oil that does not enter. Oxidizing it and turning it rigid causing even breaker defects and wearing plate and cassette
beware degreasers or the application of wd-40 ballistol, etc., if you apply them, you undo the protection of chain oil and then re-apply the oil in conditions the oils float on the surface of the water.
This cleaning device is fine, it can be improved by placing a small magnet inside that attracts the metal particles stuck to the chain by wear, etc.

There is a magnet on the bottom of the device

I use Squirt lubricant & the chain doesn't need cleaning.
Every 100k I give the chain & sprockets a good brush to remove the dust.
Then apply more squirt.
Currently up to 7500k on one chain.

Back