How to choose front and tail light combined voltage and amps for Trance X E+?

Benz+

Region
Europe
Hi, terrible at these electronic fundamentals and wanting to understand a bit more before calling shops...

I want to have front and tail lights connected to the bike battery system. Trance X E+ says somewhere something like 6V system and 1,5A equalling 9W (SyncDrive Pro, Yamaha PW-X2). And there are separate connectors for front and tail lights, does that mean each can draw 9W? Or 9W combined? What happens if the front light is 12W and tail light has 0,5W constant consumption and 3,5W when braking (accelerometer), will the lights just glow dimmer all the time as they would (hopefully) only get 9W from bike altogether and when braking the front light would sort of dim a bit more? Or would the lights draw 12+W all the time and scorch the bike circuits..?

Can anyone explain like I'm five how to choose the lights (volt, amps, watts)?

Hi, terrible at these electronic fundamentals and wanting to understand a bit more before calling shops...

I want to have front and tail lights connected to the bike battery system. Trance X E+ says somewhere something like 6V system and 1,5A equalling 9W (SyncDrive Pro, Yamaha PW-X2). And there are separate connectors for front and tail lights, does that mean each can draw 9W? Or 9W combined? What happens if the front light is 12W and tail light has 0,5W constant consumption and 3,5W when braking (accelerometer), will the lights just glow dimmer all the time as they would (hopefully) only get 9W from bike altogether and when braking the front light would sort of dim a bit more? Or would the lights draw 12+W all the time and scorch the bike circuits..?

Can anyone explain like I'm five how to choose the lights (volt, amps, watts)?
I'm betting your bike has 1 unused connector by the motor and 1 unused connector inside the port where the headtube and toptube meet which can be used for the front and rear lights, respectively.

I used both of these connectors to connect to Light and Motion Vis E+ Lights on my 2020 Revolt E+ (which has PW-X2 motor). I have a thread on here detailing what I did on a similar bike. You can also cut off the connectors on the bike and solder the cables coming from each light to the bike's cables.

You want lights that can run off 6V. Generally, the more watts you have, the brighter your lights. Watts=V*A

12W constant on either cable won't hurt the bike. Best thing to do to confirm is to look at the wiring that leads to the lights. They are likely printed with AWG 22 or 24 which can well handle 1.5A.

Does this help some?

Back