How to adjust front suspension fork on Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH? No instructions in manual.

Nonlinear

Hello, I got my Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH a few days ago. When I picked it up from the dealer, they had the front suspension on lock out, and it was only after a couple of days of riding that I unlocked it. It seems to work, but I know it's possible to adjust the suspension to my body weight. However, looking through the manual, I don't see any instructions on how to do this, and searching Google for the manual for the fork (Rockshox Recon Silver RL) is very confusing, as there seem to be many different suspension types for that fork.

Can anyone point me toward clear instructions for how to properly adjust the suspension? Thank you!

Hello, I got my Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH a few days ago. When I picked it up from the dealer, they had the front suspension on lock out, and it was only after a couple of days of riding that I unlocked it. It seems to work, but I know it's possible to adjust the suspension to my body weight. However, looking through the manual, I don't see any instructions on how to do this, and searching Google for the manual for the fork (Rockshox Recon Silver RL) is very confusing, as there seem to be many different suspension types for that fork.

Can anyone point me toward clear instructions for how to properly adjust the suspension? Thank you!
I have the same fork on my Turbo tero 5.0.
and got this from SRAM after contacting them since the fork is not in https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/

Attachments

• 6E5C55AA-7D46-4EAF-B166-28BBF8F82414.png
    6E5C55AA-7D46-4EAF-B166-28BBF8F82414.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
I have the same fork on my Turbo tero 5.0.
and got this from SRAM after contacting them since the fork is not in https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/
Thank you! I entered the serial number there, and it brings me to a page that lists the specs of the fork, but when I click on the "Documents" link, it just leads me to a dizzying list of about 60 different PDF files -- none of which really seem specific to my fork. When I view the file for "2021 Front Suspension Oil, Air, Coil, Token, and Specifications English", it again is very generic and lists a dizzying array of options. Frankly I'm very dissatisfied that Specialized didn't include clear and pertinent information in the manual - at $8400 CAD, I expect more.

Thank you! I entered the serial number there, and it brings me to a page that lists the specs of the fork, but when I click on the "Documents" link, it just leads me to a dizzying list of about 60 different PDF files -- none of which really seem specific to my fork. When I view the file for "2021 Front Suspension Oil, Air, Coil, Token, and Specifications English", it again is very generic and lists a dizzying array of options. Frankly I'm very dissatisfied that Specialized didn't include clear and pertinent information in the manual - at $8400 CAD, I expect more.
Use the attached file which I got from Tyler at SRAM since the fork is not in the Trailhead. It's also a sticker under the Rock shock sticker on the right or left fork where you can read the fork pressure.

What's your weight ready to ride and I tell you the pressure and do you have a fork pump?

Use the attached file which I got from Tyler at SRAM since the fork is not in the Trailhead. It's also a sticker under the Rock shock sticker on the right or left fork where you can read the fork pressure.

What's your weight ready to ride and I tell you the pressure and do you have a fork pump?
Thanks so much! That looks like what I need. FWIW, I looked at the fork and mine doesn't have a sticker listing the pressures... only a sticker saying that for tuning go to trailhead.rockshox.com haha.

What is very interesting (and confusing) though is that in the table you attached above, for the Recon Silver RL with 27.5" wheels, it only lists 100-140 mm... But my fork only have 80mm travel (it says on the side). So I'm hesitant to use the numbers in this table because it seems like these are for a fork with more travel?

My weight (ready to ride) is about 183 lbs., and I do not have a fork pump. But I have a regular tire pump!

Thanks so much! That looks like what I need. FWIW, I looked at the fork and mine doesn't have a sticker listing the pressures... only a sticker saying that for tuning go to trailhead.rockshox.com haha.
What is very interesting (and confusing) though is that in the table you attached above, for the Recon Silver RL with 27.5" wheels, it only lists 100-140 mm... But my fork only have 80mm travel (it says on the side). So I'm hesitant to use the numbers in this table because it seems like these are for a fork with more travel?

My weight (ready to ride) is about 183 lbs., and I do not have a fork pump. But I have a regular tire pump!
OK mine is 110mm.
Send a email to SRAM they answered me within 24H [email protected]

You can't use a tire pump

Is it an Airfork?. Valve will be on top left, cap on top of fork should unscrew.

Just wanted to give an update on this. I emailed SRAM as Catch suggested above. SRAM just replied by sending the same table that Catch linked above, but that table only lists data for 27.5" wheels and 100-140 mm of travel, but my fork has 80 mm of travel (at least, that's what is listed under the technical specifications at https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/turbo-vado-5-0-igh/p/199872). I emailed them back to explain, hopefully they can get the correct information to me soon. It's pretty disappointing to buy a brand new bike and not be able to get this necessary information.

Just wanted to give an update on this. I emailed SRAM as Catch suggested above. SRAM just replied by sending the same table that Catch linked above, but that table only lists data for 27.5" wheels and 100-140 mm of travel, but my fork has 80 mm of travel (at least, that's what is listed under the technical specifications at https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/turbo-vado-5-0-igh/p/199872). I emailed them back to explain, hopefully they can get the correct information to me soon. It's pretty disappointing to buy a brand new bike and not be able to get this necessary information.
Did you just ask or told them the serialnumber on your fork?

This is what Tylor answered me in my request:

Thanks for reaching out, and I hope you're having a great week!

It looks like entering your serial number, 05T13521398, into Trailhead does not provide a tuning suggestion, as you mentioned! I brought this to the attention of our team that manages Trailhead.

In the meantime, I have attached our Suspension Setup and Tuning Guide below. Following the step in this guide will ensure optimal performance from your Recon Silver RL. Additionally, I added a screenshot of the air chart for your fork below.

Your local shop or dealer can also assist with setting up your suspension if needed. See our dealer locator to find a dealer near you:

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great week!

Sincerely,
Tyler

SRAM Rider Support

Service and Technical Documents

AXS Mobile App | How to guide

RockShox Trailhead | Interactive Fork Guide

Attachment(s)
ReconAirChart.PNG

Did you just ask or told them the serialnumber on your fork?

This is what Taylor answered me in my request:

Thanks for reaching out, and I hope you're having a great week!

It looks like entering your serial number, 05T13521398, into Trailhead does not provide a tuning suggestion, as you mentioned! I brought this to the attention of our team that manages Trailhead.

In the meantime, I have attached our Suspension Setup and Tuning Guide below. Following the step in this guide will ensure optimal performance from your Recon Silver RL. Additionally, I added a screenshot of the air chart for your fork below.

Your local shop or dealer can also assist with setting up your suspension if needed. See our dealer locator to find a dealer near you:

Hi Catch, yes I did give them the serial number. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry and for sharing the serial number !
It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Based on the serial number , I was able to find the information you need to adjust the pressure on the fork , here is the table.
I was able to find it in the attached document."

However, that table doesn't give any option for a fork with 80mm of travel, which is what Specialized lists for the specs. I also just checked the fork itself, and there is a sticker that does identify it as having 80 mm of travel (so the Specialized website is correct).

But, upon inspection of the fork, I noticed a new sticker that I hadn't seen before, and it actually lists the information I need! It is hidden on the inside, so I did not notice it previously. Good thing I found this, because the information SRAM gave me in the email is completely wrong (100 psi whereas I should really be using 170 psi!).

Attachments

• PXL_20220830_174553105 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20220830_174553105 - Copy.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 206
Hi Catch, yes I did give them the serial number. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry and for sharing the serial number !
It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Based on the serial number , I was able to find the information you need to adjust the pressure on the fork , here is the table.
I was able to find it in the attached document."

However, that table doesn't give any option for a fork with 80mm of travel, which is what Specialized lists for the specs. I also just checked the fork itself, and there is a sticker that does identify it as having 80 mm of travel (so the Specialized website is correct).

But, upon inspection of the fork, I noticed a new sticker that I hadn't seen before, and it actually lists the information I need! It is hidden on the inside, so I did not notice it previously. Good thing I found this, because the information SRAM gave me in the email is completely wrong (100 psi whereas I should really be using 170 psi!).
I also have that sticker BUT on my sticker it says 72-81kg 135-150psi.
As you can see the screenshot Tyler sendt me shows 95-110psi.
So something is obviously wrong since sticker and Tyler operates with different pressure.
I use Tyler recommended pressure cus it feels best to me.
I haven't mentioned this problem to Tyler yet.

I also have that sticker BUT on my sticker it says 72-81kg 135-150psi.
As you can see the screenshot Tyler sendt me shows 95-110psi.
So something is obviously wrong since sticker and Tyler operates with different pressure.
I use Tyler recommended pressure cus it feels best to me.
I haven't mentioned this problem to Tyler yet.
Guys: Your suspension forks are of different travel, so the inflation pressure for either is different. Use the information from the sticker.

Guys: Your suspension forks are of different travel, so the inflation pressure for either is different. Use the information from the sticker.
Don't known about Nonlinear but sticker on my bike and screenshot from SRAM shows different pressure. Can't take a picture of the sticker since I am not where the bike is but Thursday I'll do

Back