How long are parts available for ebikes?

With this stuff in it's infancy, a whole lot of people - like me - are going to be stuck when the inevitable failure happens.
I wouldn’t say we’re in the infancy but the problem is that a decent percentage of cheap batteries survive. It’s the high failure rates like we saw selling hundreds of UPP packs.

I just wrote an article on Ebike batteries. Every bike maker and model seems to have a different battery. I placed in that article a Chinese company that seems to make the batteries for every Ebike. The bike companies just stick their name on it or resell it.
It seems (not an expert) that these bikes are basically made of "off the shelf" parts. No one wants to make cranks, brakes, handlebars. I see a similar bike frames on different makes of Ebikes or have very slightly different style. The virus has done shipping and storage of parts impossible for many companies. I saw one name brand Ebike with customers waiting over a year (2021) trying to get a battery for that specific model. I believe that problem is finally getting resolved.
I bought a Magnum i6 at a nearby NJ store. It closed a year later but a sister store more then an hour away in a larger town is still open. My 3 year old bike only has under 400 miles on it. So battery and all parts still are working fine.
Can't say what bike is better, but check out the battery. The Ebike REVI Predator, Aventon Pace 500, Addmotor M550 – P7 and M5600 mid drive, Surface 604 and maybe a few more makes take the same battery. Prices vary, but it seems to be a replaceable item you can find. There are other makes of Ebikes that take different batteries. Just watch out for those $600 Ebikes. The reviews are usually not good. Many with the battery only lasting a year.
Link to article?

Link to article?
I do like the "Like a Fish Needs a Bicycle' reference in your avatar. I think UPP makes batteries by demand. The demand for cheap based on specs is high. "52V 17.5A" at $400. W/Free shipping. But, something has to give. That is quality. It is what people want and get ordering from Amazon who do not know better. UPP can make better ones and do for higher end bikes. The low end and beginner market is just too large for them to dismiss. I saw this in the wine industry. Sorority girl wine was just too popular to ignore.

Back