how I fixed my always on light on my $6k bosch ebike

d3drturner

So annoying that the light can't be turned off with the light switch because of some German nanny state rule.
Now I can plug it in when I need the light, otherwise it is off.
Nice work, Bosch; I don't totally regret buying your product yet but I doubt I will buy another.

Attachments

• IMG_20220711_183517_5.jpg
    IMG_20220711_183517_5.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 215
A brief visit to any Bosch certified bike shop, they hook it up to their diagnostic system, check one box, now your on off switch works..out the door in 15 minutes

How about asking around here or even better at the shop where you bought the bike first before jumping to uninformed conclusions. You paid a premium for a first class ebike with one of the best electrical systems and company that will stand behind it. Avail yourself of the service you already paid for instead of trying to do it yourself with incomplete information and drawing incorrect conclusions.

Bulls uses "Monkey Link". It can be turned on/off on your Bloks display. Mine even had low and hi beam.
Clean the magnetic contacts with alcohol.
I deleted head light on my Bulls I have a bag on the handlebar now.
Bulls has lots of different motors so they all have different wiring. No monkey links on a Bosch powered bike

So annoying that the light can't be turned off with the light switch because of some German nanny state rule.
Now I can plug it in when I need the light, otherwise it is off.
Nice work, Bosch; I don't totally regret buying your product yet but I doubt I will buy another.
Wow....so, it's Bosch's fault Germany has some sort of nanny state rule???
In addition, you made it so you have to plug it in each time? Why not just put a switch in?
CN

The existing switch can be activated easily at any Bosch shop. It's a simple software choice available when the bike is connected to the techs software. The OP made this way more complicated than it needed to be and got unjustifiably ticked off, based on too little info.

Last edited:
Back