How far can you go by just pressing the + button?

siclmn

What I have always wondered about is if the chain were to break, how far could I go by just pressing the + button? Will this heat up the motor? Is it hard on the bike to do this? ST2.

Wow, 130 views and nobody replies. I don't have the patience to press the + button for that long so I guess that I will never know the answer.

It depends...it is a throttle that try’s to hold 12-13 mph almost like a cruise control . It will slow down on a hill it will give the it a more power to try to make up for slowing down but it didn’t feel like full power or the motor doesn’t have enough power at that slow of a speed to give it lotsof push. That being said as all mileage claims on an ebike , your weight , wind , condition the size of your battery and other factors. It worked well enough for a couple miles when I fell and broke my leg ,couldn’t pedal and crank was bent too much to pedal anyway.

i would assume it would be approximately the same as pedaling at 13 mph casually. On a Stromer that could be up to 90 miles maybe on flat surfaces, just a guess what color battery do you have?

Last edited:
It depends...it is it is a throttle that try’s to hold 12-13 mph almost like a cruise control . It will slow down on a hill it will give the it a more power to try to make up for slowing down but it didn’t feel like full power or the motor doesn’t have enough power at that slow of a speed to give it lotsof push. That being said as all mileage claims on an ebike , your weight , wind , condition the size of your battery and other factors. It worked well enough for a couple miles when I fell and broke my leg ,couldn’t pedal and crank was bent too much to pedal anyway.

i would assume it would be approximately the same as pedaling at 13 mph casually. On a Stromer that could be up to 90 miles maybe on flat surfaces, just a guess what color battery do you have?
Wow, having to throttle because of a broken leg. I hope you are doing better now.

2.5 years ago, thx, more recently in Oct fell separated my shoulder, officially broke wrist , finger and stitches, couple months of physical therapy and semi normal again!

2.5 years ago, thx, more recently in Oct fell separated my shoulder, officially broke wrist , finger and stitches, couple months of physical therapy and semi normal again!

sorry to hear about this ! I've had about two instances few months ago also , due to rider error , that were pretty , pretty close to yours , but not as bad.

My lessons are: big bright lights [>=2500lumens (Seca 2500) and run the "rotlicht" very cautious since then]

I hated going to PT and bought this tens/ems device:

Amazingly easy to use(no cables) , efficient and saved a ton of $...

my wife loves the electric jolt , I don’t , never have. I Ike ythe targeted exercise and message. I am not going to tell you which bike I was riding at the time but you can guess :)...new pedals, bottom bracket , at least 1 crank if not both, and some more probably 300 plus in repairs .

my wife loves the electric jolt , I don’t

I def.didn't like it either in the first few sessions but I had to endure it and I can handle now on most programs about level 6-8 out of level 20max.. It's just very effective , did some exercising (cables ) also .
I'm looking to get an E mountain bike (Shimano Ep8 motor, not sure yet what ebike brand) soon and definitely will have to get a full body armor suit+moto carbon fiber helmet.

I had my pedal fall off one day on the way home from work. So I rode it for 16 miles using just boost. It didn't seem to impact the battery negatively. BTW, have had my st2 since 2014, and the battery has ~60% of the original range. When I first bought the bike, I could get to work and home on one charge. But more recently, I have to charge the bike at work.

Back