How do you get onto your high-step mid-motor e-bikes?

To prevent "surprises" torque sensor bikes need to be off, set to PAS 0, or mounted with at least one hand on one of the brakes. That lesson learned just the other day when I got one. Still pretty fresh in MY memory!
I‘ve never had that issue even when the bike is on because i always start with the left pedal at 6:00 position.

You go for it!
Spent most of my life mounting a bike that way, but learned there's no plan B when starting like that. There will be a point in time where you'll figure that out, and hopefully not after learning the hard way.

6 o'clock plan doesn't work worth a darn starting out up hill in the best of cases either... say on a single track pointed uphill?

You go for it!
Spent most of my life mounting a bike that way, but learned there's no plan B when starting like that. There will be a point in time where you'll figure that out, and hopefully not after learning the hard way.

6 o'clock plan doesn't work worth a darn starting out up hill in the best of cases either... say on a single track pointed uphill?
Certainly the days of mounting like that are limited but so is the time where I can ride any bike. But that time is not here yet. As I learned recently, I don’t plan on doing much (if any) more single track with my Allant. That said, I’ve started up many, many hills with my method and will till I simply can’t anymore. Plan B will have to wait.

I get on my Creo the same way I get on my Cervelo. I lean the bike a bit swing my leg over, straddle the bike and then I put a foot on one pedal, stand up on the pedal, sit on the seat and clip in the other pedal. Never occurred to me that I would get on the Creo any differently than a regular bike.

Certainly the days of mounting like that are limited but so is the time where I can ride any bike. But that time is not here yet. As I learned recently, I don’t plan on doing much (if any) more single track with my Allant. That said, I’ve started up many, many hills with my method and will till I simply can’t anymore. Plan B will have to wait.
RE: plan B, I was referring to the potential occasion where you might loose your balance, for any one of a number of reasons, as you are swinging your leg over the seat. At THAT point, you're going to be seeking a plan B.

Hope you never need one....

RE: plan B, I was referring to the potential occasion where you might loose your balance, for any one of a number of reasons, as you are swinging your leg over the seat. At THAT point, you're going to be seeking a plan B.

Hope you never need one....
Yeah...I learned many years ago that there isn’t always a plan b when riding on two wheels. Manure occurs.

Yeah...I learned many years ago that there isn’t always a plan b when riding on two wheels. Manure occurs.
Is anyone's surprised all my e-bikes are step-through? :) I might have bought a Speed Allant+ if they had it Low-Step back there in 2019, Dallant...

Is anyone's surprised all my e-bikes are step-through? :) I might have bought a Speed Allant+ if they had it Low-Step back there in 2019, Dallant...
Actually, considering how much you ride, I am surprised. I’m sure that someday I’ll have to get a Lowstep or modify my mounting style but I’m good for now.

Not sure how the frame shape might affect distances ridden... To explain: my state of health makes it impossible to mount the diamond frame, and dismounting it would be even worse.

I’m hearing you
My next ebike will most likely be a step through
Maybe this one

Attachments

• 6020D2E0-E38B-4A56-97B1-77D103930269.jpeg
    6020D2E0-E38B-4A56-97B1-77D103930269.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Not sure how the frame shape might affect distances ridden... To explain: my state of health makes it impossible to mount the diamond frame, and dismounting it would be even worse.
Well, it’s great you have a frame style that works for you so you can ride all those miles!👍

Back