How accurate is Turbo Levo motor's built in power meter readings compare to a standard power meter?

picrots

I had a run on Specialized Turbo Levo 2018 and I noticed that the Mission Control app can display motor and rider power output from motor's built in power meter.

QQ_ccSdoHHCafNyzI0z5Vwkwa0vdyWLSY872L-DdLQXsTmYImHLU-f-NwRXwLwyLxR8=h480

My question is how accurate those numbers are compare to standard bike power meters?

In my opinion accurate power readings can be a great added value if you want to train with power and you have only one bike like Levo.
I can imagine a software feature that lock the rider output to the prescribed value of the training session. Something like what smart trainer does.

Last edited:
Specialized claims that it’s as, if not more, accurate as other meters on the market. It also mentions that the app displays electrical watts generated, which has a bit of loss. I am assuming this is for the human power display but it’s not very clear to me. It could be just for the motor power.

Attachments

• 8404AEE2-ED55-42AD-AFCB-2671ABAF83AF.png
    8404AEE2-ED55-42AD-AFCB-2671ABAF83AF.png
    728.9 KB · Views: 719
Thanks Toast for the input.

So it seems there are some degree of accuracy however as you mentioned their statement is a bit ambiguous.

I am wondering if any lucky person who has access to both Levo and a power meter can run a comparison test.

Back