Hitch Rack for 2 Allant+ 7s

WanderWoman59

Region
USA
Hi all! My husband and I just purchased an Allant+ 7s and an Allant+ 7s stagger. We will be hauling them on the back of our Sprinter RV. Hubs likes the KUAT NV2.0 hitch mount carrier, but is concerned about the front wheel tire hook being a problem with the front fender on the Allant. Has anyone used this set up? What other hitch mount carriers are people using? Thanks!

If it was me, I would be looking at the 1Ip USA Super Duty or the brand new QuickR that was designed by a former employee of 1UpUSA.

There is a video on YouTube that compares the 1Up USA to the Kuat NV2.0. I did not watch it so I don't know what they say about the two racks.

If it was me, I would be looking at the 1Ip USA Super Duty or the brand new QuickR that was designed by a former employee of 1UpUSA.

There is a video on YouTube that compares the 1Up USA to the Kuat NV2.0. I did not watch it so I don't know what they say about the two racks.
Thanks for the suggestions. The video did a good job of comparing the 1UP and the Kuat NV, but I really like the QuikRack! Of course, it is the most expensive, sigh. I really like the ramp option, as I know that our ebikes are about 54 pounds each. Hubs likes the integrated locks and the Trail Doc on the Kuat. Decisions, decisions....

Hi all! My husband and I just purchased an Allant+ 7s and an Allant+ 7s stagger. We will be hauling them on the back of our Sprinter RV. Hubs likes the KUAT NV2.0 hitch mount carrier, but is concerned about the front wheel tire hook being a problem with the front fender on the Allant. Has anyone used this set up? What other hitch mount carriers are people using? Thanks!
1up USA...American Made!!! You will see it in the build quality!!! They are back logged right now about 4 weeks. Probably for good reason as they make a very good rack!

The 1up USA racks are top notch quality, but there may be an issue with the rear fender and rack on the Allant+ 7s and the 1up's tire style clamp. Worth a close look before purchasing.

Our Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE from etrailer.com holds our two Allants. We use one of these bars on the Lowstep and it works perfectly.
https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Racks/Hollywood-Racks/HR1450Z.html

Attachments

• 0261C63D-B7C9-4DD4-888E-63690CDBFBEC.jpeg
    0261C63D-B7C9-4DD4-888E-63690CDBFBEC.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 475
  • ED3926FD-AD34-4B30-9BB1-FA928065CEB2.jpeg
    ED3926FD-AD34-4B30-9BB1-FA928065CEB2.jpeg
    714.4 KB · Views: 439
I use the Yakima OnRamp and love the ramp. Longer than the ramp on the ?Thule?.

The QuickR was my first choice for a rack. The 1Up was my second choice. They both are not in stock, and I pick up my new ebike tomorrow from a shop that is 52 highway miles away from me. I had to go with my third choice, The Saris MTR. I got the 1 bike version because I only need to transport 1 bike. I can add a 1 or 2 bike add on later if I need to.

There is a ramp available.

We haul our Treks on a KUAT NV 2.0. Clamp the front tire just in front of the fender.
Also, check the specs: Some carriers are not approved for RVs.

We have two Allant 7S bikes and use the KUAT NV 2.0 with the swing. Works great. I was concerned about the front clamp so I just use a 1' cam strap to grip around the tire and the clamp to secure it in place close to the fender. Holds tight, and if set right does not scratch anything on the bike.

Does anyone share my safety concern re: how rear-mounted bike carriers with bikes cover-up the vehicle tail lights? I know some manufacturers are beginning to address this problem. Kuat this week confirmed I can share their response to the problem: “Thank you for reaching out to Kuat! At this time we do not have any lights that attach to the racks. We have heard of this but we have not had anything come to fruition at this time.“ Per this position, the consumer will continue to carry any/all risks per rear-end collision, etc.

My solution is relatively simple (if you have trailer wiring). I purchased CURT’s 53201 Auxiliary LED Light Strips. $24 on Amazon. Per pix, I mounted the lights on a metal bar that I wire tie to the spokes of my bike. So far, this works great — especially when driving during rain and/or at night.

I used Velcro to attach the light strips to the bar because for very inclement/winter cross-country travel I also have bike covers. I then use Velcro to attach the light strips directly onto the bike cover.

Per the license plate visibility issue, I also purchased a Tioyar License Plate Relocation Holder ($27 on Amazon) and have prototyped a bracket holder which works, but per the hassle of relocating the plate itself, I only use it for long distance hauling.

I am curious to know if anyone else has addressed the light visibility issue.

Attachments

• DF5B6F32-B54F-4A3B-948F-03D9A930C9D3.jpeg
    DF5B6F32-B54F-4A3B-948F-03D9A930C9D3.jpeg
    651.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 75ECC49F-8337-4159-BBC6-19544358D6F0.jpeg
    75ECC49F-8337-4159-BBC6-19544358D6F0.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 306
  • AE32F30D-A612-4C0E-BA31-459DCADBC0FD.jpeg
    AE32F30D-A612-4C0E-BA31-459DCADBC0FD.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 309
Working on this problem at this time. Was able to purchase a tailgate strip from Amazon for $25. Now just figuring out how to attach it to the bikes on back. I have a couple of ideas but haven't had the time to work on them. If you are interested here is the link to the light strip on Amazon: Wingbow Tailgate Strip

I have the 8. I took my front fender off. I have aYakima but will have the Kuat with ramp on 7/22. It is just getting too much to lift the 8. I have a Tacoma with a 2” hitch.

Extra note for clamping front wheels with suspension: Lock your pistons during transport for better stability.

Does anyone share my safety concern re: how rear-mounted bike carriers with bikes cover-up the vehicle tail lights? I know some manufacturers are beginning to address this problem. Kuat this week confirmed I can share their response to the problem: “Thank you for reaching out to Kuat! At this time we do not have any lights that attach to the racks. We have heard of this but we have not had anything come to fruition at this time.“ Per this position, the consumer will continue to carry any/all risks per rear-end collision, etc.

My solution is relatively simple (if you have trailer wiring). I purchased CURT’s 53201 Auxiliary LED Light Strips. $24 on Amazon. Per pix, I mounted the lights on a metal bar that I wire tie to the spokes of my bike. So far, this works great — especially when driving during rain and/or at night.

I used Velcro to attach the light strips to the bar because for very inclement/winter cross-country travel I also have bike covers. I then use Velcro to attach the light strips directly onto the bike cover.

Per the license plate visibility issue, I also purchased a Tioyar License Plate Relocation Holder ($27 on Amazon) and have prototyped a bracket holder which works, but per the hassle of relocating the plate itself, I only use it for long distance hauling.

I am curious to know if anyone else has addressed the light visibility issue.
Apparently many don't. It must be legal in most states as for how the bikes are carried. Some vehicle/bike combinations can block the lights out more than others. I don't believe it's a serious problem as generally when I'm behind a vehicle with bikes I know it and tend to be more careful. Distracted drivers are the biggest threat to anyone on the roads today.Doesn't matter if you are on a bike or in your car to many people have their faces buried in there phones!

On SUVs the tail lights are fairly high up, so theres a bit less concern with them.
6ED471E4-3554-4676-B3D2-CDA57FC5C28F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back