Himiway Question PAS

COSCA Ranger

Region
USA
I just bought two brand new Himiway bikes . Unfortunately I was new to E bikes. Even more unfortunate is I hadn’t found this blog before I bought them. Like everyone else says there is no service from Himiway. We are on our own. That said I was on a long ride on a trail a week ago and just out of the blue I got an error 30 and the bike stopped. I was able to read the cryptic FAQ in the manual they just basically said disconnect all the cables and reconnect them. Of course that didn’t work. My gut says that it’s the PAS I’ve noticed that it’s really loose and maybe almost an 8th inch gap. The bike also lost its ability to differentiate between any speed setting and it just was all or nothing in the last minutes before the error 30. When you turn it on it’s normal for about 15 seconds but you can’t use any functions and then the error 30 comes on and it shuts it off. My question is I see that there are a lot of PAS sensors for sale on internet . And since Himiway really does not have a parts department that exist does anybody know what PAS we could buy on the internet? Since this bike is just basically a conglomeration of parts from many companies. Instead of waiting a month and a half for Himiway to respond back to me I just figured I’d buy a sensor and try it. Ideas ? Thanks Tim

Can you secure the PAS wheel and close the gap? Is there an on/off switch on the battery? If so turn it off and turn on the display twice. Sometimes this helps to reset and clear a code.

thanks , not sure what you call the wiring ends it has three tiny pins inside a rubber end you push them into the receptor side . I noticed his on my other bike that when you turn on the displaying controller there’s a little LED light below on the bottom of the PAS and when I turn on the sister bike with issues that LED light does not come on

Attachments

• 7FA54B2C-F455-4CEF-BC19-88C3B6FB0CE9.jpeg
    7FA54B2C-F455-4CEF-BC19-88C3B6FB0CE9.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 04929F63-FD95-43BA-AE5C-66FC93AEB64D.jpeg
    04929F63-FD95-43BA-AE5C-66FC93AEB64D.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 465
Is it yellow inside the plug end? Does it look like this with the sensor on the left? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1434686181...MI492gnYHv7gIVMPbjBx21ogx-EAQYASABEgJQIPD_BwE
If it is faulty then replacement might be the most simple solution to try. Are you okay with pulling a crank arm? It takes a crank arm pulling tool. Use plenty of oil on all the surfaces inside the tool and on the crank arm threads. Watch a video on crank arm removal if this is a first time for you.

Is it yellow inside the plug end? Does it look like this with the sensor on the left? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1434686181...MI492gnYHv7gIVMPbjBx21ogx-EAQYASABEgJQIPD_BwE
If it is faulty then replacement might be the most simple solution to try. Are you okay with pulling a crank arm? It takes a crank arm pulling tool. Use plenty of oil on all the surfaces inside the tool and on the crank arm threads. Watch a video on crank arm removal if this is a first time for you.
Thanks , I’ve never pulled one off. I will look at a you tube .

If that LED light isn't coming on, there's a good chance you have a wiring issue. There's no power getting to the sensor. Before tearing it apart, check to make sure it's not right there at the Julet connector, with a bent pin or something. Then see if there's another connection closer to the controller - which is clearly going to cause you to figure out where that's at!

If that LED light isn't coming on, there's a good chance you have a wiring issue. There's no power getting to the sensor. Before tearing it apart, check to make sure it's not right there at the Julet connector, with a bent pin or something. Then see if there's another connection closer to the controller - which is clearly going to cause you to figure out where that's at!
Super, I’ll check those pins inside. They sure are small and fragile that’s for sure

Back